Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Does anyone know if I can simply subtract $20 from my gross of $7K and report $6980 net on my US taxes?

I agree with Peter. Make sure the sales proceeds entry on your Schedule D matches the 1099-B information your broker provides. If you still need to adjust for the reorg fee, make the adjustment in the cost basis amount.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.