No. of Recommendations: 3
I'm asking this of people on this board who seem to often post stuff and then have to defend it against others.... who may disagree.

Are you happy being a combatant?? I see, often on this board...people who are constantly posting stuff.....arguing, and arguing their ass off.

Does this constant head-butting against others make you happy?? Does it thrill you to prove others wrong??

Is this what makes you happy? Many of us have very different views on gov't.....does proving others wrong make it good?? Does it make a difference?

Albeit, to no avail? To no effect?? That Obama has won, no matter how many gazillion of hours you put into going against him?

And you continue?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
"Are you happy being a combatant?? I see, often on this board...people who are constantly posting stuff.....arguing, and arguing their ass off." aolf

They don't realize it but their soul gets to experience duality and separation which is the whole point of life. It satisfies something deep down inside us that we don't even realize what or why we do it.

Art
They don't realize it but their soul gets to experience duality and separation which is the whole point of life. It satisfies something deep down inside us that we don't even realize what or why we do it.

Art

That may be true, but what I dont' get are the people on this board who just reside here...hour after hour....minute after minute and just argue and argue......they spend like 10-15 hours here a day.

I can understand snaking in for a couple of hours a day, but some just sit here....and argue....and argue...and argue....hours and hours a day.

Man....oh my lord.
No. of Recommendations: 2
I'm asking this of people on this board who seem to often post stuff and then have to defend it against others.... who may disagree.

Are you happy being a combatant?? I see, often on this board...people who are constantly posting stuff.....arguing, and arguing their ass off.

Does this constant head-butting against others make you happy?? Does it thrill you to prove others wrong??

Is this what makes you happy? Many of us have very different views on gov't.....does proving others wrong make it good?? Does it make a difference?

Albeit, to no avail? To no effect?? That Obama has won, no matter how many gazillion of hours you put into going against him?

And you continue?

Does drinking make you happy?

Yes, it does.

Does combat make you happy?

Yes, it does.

No. And I don't believe that drinking makes you happy.
No. of Recommendations: 0
No. And I don't believe that drinking makes you happy.

Good response, MC. I totally agree.
No. of Recommendations: 4
Drinking and arguing make me happy. I'm italian, it's part of my heritage.

I like to do both at the same time. :-)

Yeah, but you have to do it on vino

what is a good drunken argument without a hangover? I mean a good argument demands a vendetta no?

I guess you can use moonshine, but then you just get a long standing feud, just not the same, less letters and it just doesn't sound as cool

I
Yeah, but you have to do it on vino

what is a good drunken argument without a hangover? I mean a good argument demands a vendetta no?
---------------------------------------------------
I'm awake too long on vino, i like arguing but not that much. Canadian Club makes me happily combative and then i fall asleep. You guys are lucky i don't drink rum and post, that would be the nuclear option. I get ornery on rum.
The problem is, neither side of the debate--certainly not libruls--follows the rules of engagement. Here's what a civil debate is supposed to look. Example...

Obama's Economic Policies Have Been Successful
http://www.debate.org/debates/Obamas-Economic-Policies-Have-...
"That may be true, but what I dont' get are the people on this board who just reside here...hour after hour....minute after minute and just argue and argue......they spend like 10-15 hours here a day. I can understand snaking in for a couple of hours a day, but some just sit here....and argue....and argue...and argue....hours and hours a day. Man....oh my lord." - aolf
----------------

I'm a major conflict avoider. I hate to argue. Seems pointless to me. I just like to state what I believe to be true and then go on about my business.

Stuff that I'm not interested in I just go on to the next post or just ignore the whole thread. Some posters post about nothing but politics, and they tend to be mean, negative, and belittling and they end up in my P-box.

Art
AOLF wrote: That may be true, but what I dont' get are the people on this board who just reside here...hour after hour....minute after minute and just argue and argue......they spend like 10-15 hours here a day.

I don't spend 15 hours a day here. I drop in from time to time, as do most people. As do you, AOLF.
"Drinking and arguing make me happy. I'm italian, it's part of my heritage." - 2828

I like Italian sausage and spaghetti and lasagna and pepperoni and olives and extra virgin olive oil and manicotti and macaroni and Pizza.....

but don't like to drink alcohol or argue. But then I'm not Italian.

Art
AOLF wrote: That may be true, but what I dont' get are the people on this board who just reside here...hour after hour....minute after minute and just argue and argue......they spend like 10-15 hours here a day.

I don't spend 15 hours a day here. I drop in from time to time, as do most people. As do you, AOLF.
-------------------------------------------------
It's a message board! Of course it's about combat. How many people would come here if the posts consisted of, "i like fluffy bunnies"? Who doesn't like fluffy bunnies? What can be gained by posting about fluffy bunnies?

Personally i post what i'm interested in, i'm interested in current events and democrats lying, so after i read something if i think others would be interested i post it. I probably post less than half of what i read, consider yourselves lucky <g>. I only pick out the gems for you people ;0).
"I'm awake too long on vino, i like arguing but not that much. Canadian Club makes me happily combative and then i fall asleep. You guys are lucky i don't drink rum and post, that would be the nuclear option. I get ornery on rum." - 2828

My friend that is Italian and from Utica, New York told me that a lot of old Italian men make Grappa but that they don't do it right and they boil all the alcohol off, including the methanol which is produced from fermented stems and seeds of the grapes, and you are supposed to bring it to a certain temperature to get rid of the methanol but it ends up in the homemade grappa and so it gives you a splitting headache when you drink it.

Art
My friend that is Italian and from Utica, New York told me that a lot of old Italian men make Grappa but that they don't do it right and they boil all the alcohol off, including the methanol which is produced from fermented stems and seeds of the grapes, and you are supposed to bring it to a certain temperature to get rid of the methanol but it ends up in the homemade grappa and so it gives you a splitting headache when you drink it.

Art
---------------------------------------------
I hate grappa, and believe me italians love selling it at parties, "you gotta try this grappa, Marcello made it". I'm like who's Marcello and furthermore who cares? Despite what they say it all tastes like crap, no matter who made it. Everyone has "the best" homemade wine or grappa.
"It's a message board! Of course it's about combat. How many people would come here if the posts consisted of, "i like fluffy bunnies"? Who doesn't like fluffy bunnies? What can be gained by posting about fluffy bunnies?" - 2828

I like young tender fluffy bunnies skinned, gutted, cut up into pieces and dipped in seasoned flour and fried in animal fat. Then I like to douse them with Louisiana Hot Sauce and tear them apart with my teeth and swallow big hunks of fluffy bunny while watching Netflix movies.

Art
It'd be easier to name one food you don't like.

I like to do both at the same time. :-)

Multi-tasking!!!!
How many people would come here if the posts consisted of, "i like fluffy bunnies"? Who doesn't like fluffy bunnies? What can be gained by posting about fluffy bunnies?

I like puppies.

AOL knows nothing about Italians. Get a bunch of Italians together for a meal and you will hear arguing and see hand waving. And that's before the wine is served! <g>

My late grandfather was from Italy and was a hard core Dem. My late father was the rebellious son and became a Republican. You should have seen those two argue politics.

Mike
My late grandfather was from Italy and was a hard core Dem

I'm sorry. It happens in the best of families. You did try to get him professional help though, right?
I'm sorry. It happens in the best of families. You did try to get him professional help though, right?

wolverine307

Well, he was a Democrat back in the day when the Democrats were still an American political party. When he was alive I was a boy and didn't pay attention to politics. I was more worried who was leading the National League in batting average. <g>

Mike
MadCap

Yes, it does.

AOL Fool

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Drinking makes me drunk and eating lots of fat, flour and sugar makes me obese, combat keeps me focused for a period of time and then I crash.

I believe there are studies that show the fight or flight response raises stress hormones which are bad long term for the heart and psyche.

I wish I could drink and overeat and not have any side effects. :)

LuckyDog
Personally i post what i'm interested in, i'm interested in current events and democrats lying, so after i read something if i think others would be interested i post it. I probably post less than half of what i read, consider yourselves lucky <g>. I only pick out the gems for you people ;0).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
surely you are interested in other things besides this or you used to be.....

what up?
LD

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
surely you are interested in other things besides this or you used to be.....

what up?
LD
-------------------
I'm interested in other stuff, i go thru phases. I still like kitties.
I wish I could drink and overeat and not have any side effects. :)
----------------

Me, too, sweetie. Can't be done. Stay to the course.

Love, arrete
In general, I do not like being combative. Often, I just stop posting when a PA type attacks. But it depends on my mood more than anything. Then I'll let it rip. But, I don't get off on it at all. Troubles me more than anything.

I like to see how the other side thinks and every now and then read PA. But it is a bit depressing to read how these people think and their obnoxious attitutes.

It also troubles me because I can definately see how once the PA types in America get a majority, they'll come after people like us with a vengence.

decath
That may be true, but what I dont' get are the people on this board who just reside here...hour after hour....minute after minute and just argue and argue......they spend like 10-15 hours here a day.

I can understand snaking in for a couple of hours a day, but some just sit here....and argue....and argue...and argue....hours and hours a day.

Man....oh my lord.

I honestly don't know how they find that kind of time... and I'm retired!

There is always so much else to do, even if it's just sitting at McDonald's and peoplewatching, and listening in on the conversation of two old retired men.

(That's what andrew did this afternoon.)

I miss drinking. Never was a huge drinker, but it was nice sometimes. I miss sitting at home alone in the evening in front of the computer or the TV or with a good book and sipping on a nice cream liqueur.

But alas, I'm on meds now, and my doctor gives me the very clear impression she doesn't want me drinking any alcohol at all. So I don't.

Maybe I'll make an exception for New Year's Eve.
I like Italian sausage and spaghetti and lasagna and pepperoni and olives and extra virgin olive oil and manicotti and macaroni and Pizza.....

I can't stand olives. I guess I'm a very bad Italian.
I hate grappa, and believe me italians love selling it at parties, "you gotta try this grappa, Marcello made it". I'm like who's Marcello and furthermore who cares? Despite what they say it all tastes like crap, no matter who made it. Everyone has "the best" homemade wine or grappa.

Oh 2828, you just like to argue. :-P
I honestly don't know how they find that kind of time... and I'm retired!

There is always so much else to do, even if it's just sitting at McDonald's and peoplewatching, and listening in on the conversation of two old retired men.

andrew

I'm not retired, but I find that I spend way less time on the computer on weekends or weekdays when I'm not at work. As you said there is so much else to do.

Mike

I bought some olive loaf lunchmeat at WalMart this evening. What was I thinking. Green olives too. I was tired of ham, salami and turkey I guess.

Right now I'm full of roast chicken and mashed potatoes and olive loaf sounds terrible. It will probably sound better when I'm hungry.
"I bought some olive loaf lunchmeat at WalMart this evening. What was I thinking. Green olives too. I was tired of ham, salami and turkey I guess.

Right now I'm full of roast chicken and mashed potatoes and olive loaf sounds terrible. It will probably sound better when I'm hungry." - catmeyoo

-----------

I bought a bunch of marked down packages of "Luncheon Loaf" at a local Sav-A-Lot store for 50 cents each. I didn't know what it tasted like but I just bought it because it was cheap. Turns out it tastes like Chopped Ham and it's delicious. Thinking back on it I wish I had bought every single marked down package they had. I just tossed them in the freezer when I got home, all except for the one I put in the refrigerator. After I tried it I decided it was pretty good stuff. It's just a plain tasting cured pork product that sort of tastes like chopped ham. What a deal!

Art

I've found that there are two varieties of olives:

1) the variety that is so soaked in vinegar that I taste nothing but the vinegar

2) the variety that tastes stale no matter how fresh they are
warrl wrote: 1) the variety that is so soaked in vinegar that I taste nothing but the vinegar

Calamata! Yum!
Advertisement