UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: lukematt One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5  
Subject: Does Seeking Alpha really want to help us? Date: 2/11/2009 9:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Seeking Alpha (http://seekingalpha.com), the self-proclaimed “premier financial website for stock market opinion and analysis”, follows a strict editorial policy.

The editors at Seeking Alpha “handpick articles from the world's top market blogs, money managers, financial experts and investment newsletters”, and they publish contributions from “the nation's most savvy and inquisitive investors”.

Seeking Alpha cares about us.

Moreover, Seeking Alpha refuses to publish articles about penny stocks (share price under $1 according to their definition) “due to concern for manipulation”.

The editors at Seeking Alpha want to protect us. (Apparently, they think we are incapable of discerning manipulation by ourselves.)

----------------------------------------------------------------

1. On September 3, 2008, the editors at Seeking Alpha approved and published an article entitled “Five Ways to Invest in the Czech Republic” (http://seekingalpha.com/article/93535-five-ways-to-invest-in...).

One of the recommended investments is a company named Czech Republic Resources (symbol: CZHC).

Hmmmm. I live in the Czech Republic, and I’ve been investing here since the first day that the Prague Stock Exchange opened its doors. I’ve never heard of this company…Czech Republic Resources.

I looked for filings on the SEC’s EDGAR database. None.

I looked on the most reliable Czech financial websites: Obchodni rejstrik, Obchodni vestnik, and IPoint. Nothing.

Finally, I decided to google “Czech Republic Resource”—singular, not plural. Bingo. Here’s the web address for the company: http://czechrepublicresourcecorp.com/

Maybe the editors at Seeking Alpha don’t care about us as much as they profess. They didn’t even bother to get the name of the company right.

2. The most reliable information that I could find about Czech Republic Resource Corp. is located on the Pink Sheets website:

http://www.pinksheets.com/pink/quote/quote.jsp?symbol=czhc

As I write this blog, Pink Sheets indicates that the last trade for CZHC occurred on January 30, 2009. Total volume: ONE SHARE !

Apparently, the editors at Seeking Alpha aren’t concerned about liquidity.

The share price for that trade? $0.007. Alright, stop laughing. On Friday, January 30, 2009, one share of CZHC traded for less than a penny.

I thought the editors at Seeking Alpha want to protect us from manipulation….

3. Here’s more information about Czech Republic Resource Corp. from the Pink Sheets website:

• Year Of Incorporation: 2007

• Outstanding Shares
1,799,000 as of Oct 31, 2007

• Current Capital Change: shares decreased by 1 for 7,421,956 split
Pay Date: Oct 30, 2007

• Address

Czech Republic Resource Corp.
Platnerska 7
Prague 100 00
Czech Republic

(What do you think we would find if we went to that address?)

• Number of Employees
4 as of Oct 10, 2007

• Company Officers
Gideon Thomson, Chairman , Dir.
Don Grenough, Dir.
Dr. Ian B. Woods, Dir.
R. Revell Murphy, President, CEO
Jara G. Meger, Secretary

(…and not a Czech name among them. Hmmmm.)

• SEC Reporting Status
non-SEC Reporting Company

4. According to the website for Czech Republic Resource Corp., their main project concerns oil and gas leases for a field in Louisiana.

Let me see if I’ve got this right…a group of non-Czechs needs a Czech address to do business with oil and gas leases in Louisiana.

Yeh, right.

----------------------------------------------------------------

A long time ago, a wise old man told me, “Never trust anyone who wants to help you”.

The editors at Seeking Alpha want to help us by refusing to publish information about any penny stock.

However, they have no qualms about recommending CZHC as a viable way to invest in the Czech Republic.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement