Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Does this help at all or is this the same thing you guys have already seen? From:

How do I know if North Carolina considers me a nonresident or part-year resident? How do I file?
You're a nonresident if:
you live in North Carolina and earn income within the state for a temporary period of time and you are a permanent resident of another state or you live outside the state, but receive income from sources in North Carolina.

You're a part-year resident if:
you moved into the state and became a resident during the tax year or
you moved out of North Carolina and became a resident of another state.

IMPORTANT: When completing Form D-400, part-year residents should not enter the beginning and ending dates of North Carolina residency in the boxes at the top of page 1 of the form (these dates are entered on page 4 of the form). The boxes at the top of page 1 are used only by fiscal year filers to indicate the beginning and ending dates of their tax year. Fiscal year filers do not file on a calendar year basis.

(Not a tax expert by any means but I am an NC resident so had the page bookmarked.)
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.