UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 61315  
Subject: Doing Business With Insurance Companies Date: 7/8/2007 1:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1

"His office was filled with things saying he was certified to help seniors. The only one he really helped was himself."
- MARY ANN ST. CLAIR, a 73-year-old widow who says she was tricked by a financial adviser.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/08/business/08advisor.html?th&emc=th

Print the post Back To Top
Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7874 of 61315
Subject: Re: Doing Business With Insurance Companies Date: 7/8/2007 1:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
<<
"His office was filled with things saying he was certified to help seniors. The only one he really helped was himself."
- MARY ANN ST. CLAIR, a 73-year-old widow who says she was tricked by a financial adviser.
>>

We should begin any discussion of selling Americans loads of codswallup about retirement programs with a candid discussion about Social Security and Medicare, programs that have stupefying liabilities and negligible reserves.

They are best described as Ponzi schemes, and only survive because the Federal government compels people to pay taxes to support these programs.

By comparison, insurance companies are lambs.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: buzman Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7892 of 61315
Subject: Re: Doing Business With Insurance Companies Date: 7/8/2007 5:11 PM
Recommendations: 2
Seattle Pioneer
------------------------------------------------------------------------

To paraphrase Bill Clinton it depends on your definiton of lamb.

Seriously, most people's biggest asset is Social Security. Given how many of them are dupes for sales pitches...

Under your plan she would be sleeping on the street.

Good call.

buzman

Author: joseph714 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7898 of 61315
Subject: Re: Doing Business With Insurance Companies Date: 7/8/2007 6:50 PM
Recommendations: 5
Seattle Pioneer
----------

Too freaking much.

You have outdone yourself, & in huge proportions.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement