UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 46837  
Subject: Dollar Tree down 4% Date: 12/11/2012 3:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dollar-general-posts-higher-pr...

Dollar stores generally are seeing increased competition (from the likes of Walmart), rising costs, and worries about declining same store sales--a possible impact of the fiscal cliff.

They were hot stocks for a while, but the glory days seem to be waning. Can they pull another rabbit out of the hat? In my area, dollar stores are opening everywhere. They can't continue to grow with new stores.

Looks like the growth curve is destined to flatten.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: soycapital Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46637 of 46837
Subject: Re: Dollar Tree down 4% Date: 12/17/2012 8:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
<Looks like the growth curve is destined to flatten.>
I hope that is not the case because I bought a small chunk of each while they were down. I think plenty of future growth with more and more of the population living on the edge so to speak.

Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46639 of 46837
Subject: Re: Dollar Tree down 4% Date: 12/18/2012 2:57 PM
A 4% move in a stock, up or down, is NOTHING

Yahoo Finance gives me a list of percentage change from open every day for 100 stocks.

In a typical day, most stocks change by 1% or less.

Only abt 3% of stocks change by 4% or more in a typical day.

I use the list to look for significant news for stocks of interest.

Author: GrandpaRalph Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46640 of 46837
Subject: Re: Dollar Tree down 4% Date: 12/20/2012 1:18 PM
Recommendations: 1
Paul,

Yahoo Finance gives me a list of percentage change from open every day for 100 stocks.

I use Yahoo's Price % Gainers and Losers, but those are only 20 stocks each. Where do they list the 100?

Ralph

Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46641 of 46837
Subject: Re: Dollar Tree down 4% Date: 12/20/2012 2:46 PM
Your personal portfolio can contain up to 100, and will do instant % change from open. You then sort the column.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement