Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AlisonWonderland Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 7313  
Subject: Donating fabric Date: 11/1/2011 1:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Like so many craft addicts, I've accumulated materials that I won't ever use. Not only that, my tastes have changed. While there is some fabric I can't/won't part with, there is quite a bit that I am willing to surrender.

Anyone know of any organizations that would want/accept fabric? Preferably one that would provide a donation receipt for tax purposes?

TIA!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 2gifts Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7215 of 7313
Subject: Re: Donating fabric Date: 11/1/2011 2:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
You could try a local quilting guild. Some of them are 501(c)(3) organizations, so you could get a receipt. Our Guild is not, but we take in many fabric donations that we sew into charity quilts. We give these to homeless shelters, battered women's shelters, and veterans' homes. We've also used some fabric to make pillowcases for ConquerCancer (not sure of the spelling) that collects them for children's hospitals and some heart pillows for local hospitals to give to women who have had mastectomies.

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7216 of 7313
Subject: Re: Donating fabric Date: 11/1/2011 2:50 PM
Recommendations: 1
one of the local Adventist churches makes blankets for new borns. I'm not sure what else they do. It's part of their woman's outreach program. Other churches might do something similar.

I found this out when the grandbaby was born.

Our goodwill also takes fabric donations.

Jean

Author: AlisonWonderland Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7217 of 7313
Subject: Re: Donating fabric Date: 11/1/2011 3:58 PM
You could try a local quilting guild.

Great idea! Thanks for the suggestion -- much appreciated!

Author: AlisonWonderland Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7218 of 7313
Subject: Re: Donating fabric Date: 11/1/2011 3:58 PM
churches

another good idea -- thanks much!

Author: isewquilts2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7219 of 7313
Subject: Re: Donating fabric Date: 11/1/2011 7:50 PM
Recommendations: 1
--Quilt guilds
--Fabric Shops often have lists (or contacts) for organizations that can use fabric--i.e. Project Linus, sewing projects (like pillowcases) for military troops stationed overseas, etc.
--schools for home ec (or family/consumer ed)or art classes
--churches

Author: AlisonWonderland Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7220 of 7313
Subject: Re: Donating fabric Date: 11/1/2011 10:26 PM
Great ideas -- thanks so much!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement