Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Like so many craft addicts, I've accumulated materials that I won't ever use. Not only that, my tastes have changed. While there is some fabric I can't/won't part with, there is quite a bit that I am willing to surrender.

Anyone know of any organizations that would want/accept fabric? Preferably one that would provide a donation receipt for tax purposes?

TIA!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
You could try a local quilting guild. Some of them are 501(c)(3) organizations, so you could get a receipt. Our Guild is not, but we take in many fabric donations that we sew into charity quilts. We give these to homeless shelters, battered women's shelters, and veterans' homes. We've also used some fabric to make pillowcases for ConquerCancer (not sure of the spelling) that collects them for children's hospitals and some heart pillows for local hospitals to give to women who have had mastectomies.
No. of Recommendations: 1
one of the local Adventist churches makes blankets for new borns. I'm not sure what else they do. It's part of their woman's outreach program. Other churches might do something similar.

I found this out when the grandbaby was born.

Our goodwill also takes fabric donations.

Jean
You could try a local quilting guild.

Great idea! Thanks for the suggestion -- much appreciated!
churches

another good idea -- thanks much!
No. of Recommendations: 1
--Quilt guilds
--Fabric Shops often have lists (or contacts) for organizations that can use fabric--i.e. Project Linus, sewing projects (like pillowcases) for military troops stationed overseas, etc.
--schools for home ec (or family/consumer ed)or art classes
--churches
Great ideas -- thanks so much!
Advertisement