Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
if it's spoiling.

MM called yesterday to tell me his bike had been stolen while it was locked at a Metro stop. His only complicity turns out that he hasn't gotten renter's insurance yet*. I told him I would fix it with help from his brother and we will.

It turns out his brother was going to send his(SG's) commuter bike anyway as a gift but hadn't gotten to it yet. When I talked to SS, her reaction was there has to be a bike we can get to him. My reaction was some sucky person did a crummy thing. I have money and we'll fix it. SG is going to talk to MM about the type of riding he's doing and if two bikes need to get shipped, I'll be funding whatever needs money.

I have sent MM an email about getting renter's insurance. I also suggested he look at craigslist to see if he can spot the bike(built by SG so not a standard setup) and to file a police report anyway.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 5
Has anyone mentioned that you're a great mom lately? Because you really are.

- Megan
Spoiling would be if you hired a car service to give him a ride to/from work everyday.
No. of Recommendations: 11
Honestly, it was a Network moment. I was mad as *ell and not going to take stuff happening to my family anymore at least not anything I could do something about.

Sidetrack, MM really never let on to many people about the RS illness and death. His very closest friends from college, maybe, because they all dealt with the death of a friend's father from brain cancer their junior year. I know this because I had dinner with the person who did his original training as a ski instructor and then knew him while he was working up there. This is someone around my age who adored both boys and had not a clue what he was going through when he was up there that season. His current roommate didn't know(I talked to him about Father's Day).

So this kid(as I think of him so of) graduated from college, had his father diagnosed with pretty much a terminal illness 4 months later, the treatment, the rest of us asking him to come back to CO to help cover me, worked his butt off to become a paramedic(doing a FT paramedic internship while working as a FT EMT), looked and found a fire job which he got,trained for and graduated to a probationary fire fighter job. Then he gets a wonderful nephew and ends up with about 6 weeks of intermittently hoping his sister doesn't die.

Lost phone, broken replacement and stolen bike. Enough already ! Money can fix that and so if necessary, it will.

Ketchup packets - pffft !
No. of Recommendations: 1
He'll always be your kid.

Story from my dear departed mom.

The topic was this kid she worked with. This kid was having problems. Problems with his car. Problems with his wife. Problems with his home. Problems with his youngest child.

"Mom, how old is this kid you're talking about?"

"Oh, 34 or 35. About your age. You'll always be a kid to me."
No. of Recommendations: 0
"Mom, how old is this kid you're talking about?"

"Oh, 34 or 35. About your age. You'll always be a kid to me."

Your point?

MOI
<with a 33yo DD>
Your point?

You're older than dirt?
My point?

On my head. If I wear a hat, it doesn't show
No. of Recommendations: 1
He'll always be your kid.

Strangely, he's the only one I still think of that way and I'm guessing it's because he's the youngest. I was thinking you were the only one who's met him but I know AmericanIdle has as well. WallyLock has met SG and LOTRQueen has met SS. I'm sure I've missed someone.

However, I think MM is unique in that he met you and I haven't so far.
I was thinking you were the only one who's met him but I know AmericanIdle has as well.

Only once I think - quite the vivacious young man as I recall.

AI
Only once I think - quite the vivacious young man as I recall.

My memory is we were having dinner with you and the wait person looked directly at MM who was 16 at best and told him the beer specials. SG was 21 at that point and you were definitely legal, too ;)
I'd like to change that.

It is nice to be able to help out. Sometimes that's money. Sometimes it is time. Sometimes it is other things.

I'm glad he's doing well.
Advertisement