No. of Recommendations: 0
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/12/11/health.care.benefit.c...

"The health care bill being negotiated in the Senate would allow caps on annual insurance benefits, reversing a previous version of the plan that would have prevented insurance companies from establishing such limits, according to three Democratic aides.

"We were trying to minimize premium impacts," said Jim Manley, a spokesman for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, acknowledging the change.

The trade-off has drawn criticism from the American Cancer Society's Cancer Action Network, a patient advocacy group."

Today, it's private plans...Medicare is next....

Where was the Pelosi promise? NO caps? All the procedures you need to five or ten million? Guaranteed lung and heart transplants regardless of the cost? Keeping you alive for 30 years on a heart/lung machine?
WHere are the bleeding heart libs now?

"Finan worries that cancer patients, who often require expensive procedures, could still face major financial losses if annual coverage benefits are capped too low."

Reality sets in......they want the turkey they are working on to fly by xmas.....so Obama gets a xmas present...the taking over of the health care section by Congress and a mindless bureaucracy.

t
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
My 59-year-old friend who can't afford the $2,000-4,000/month she's been quoted for health insurance--and therefore has none--better not get sick!
No. of Recommendations: 0
My 59-year-old friend who can't afford the $2,000-4,000/month she's been quoted for health insurance--and therefore has none--better not get sick! - alstromeria
-----------------------------

My brother the commercial beekeeper didn't have health insurance till just recently after he turned 65 years old. I believe he is on Medicare now? He had a hernia operation about ten years ago and he just paid for it himself.

He's a tough old buzzard. You'd just have to know him to understand. I guess if you get stung every day for a living not having health insurance is the least of your worries.

I'm betting that most commercial beekeepers probably don't have health insurance. They are mostly wiry, grizzled, scruffy, old guys who wear hats and carry hive tools. My brother is quite the character.

Artie
No. of Recommendations: 3
My brother the commercial beekeeper didn't have health insurance till just recently after he turned 65 years old. I believe he is on Medicare now? He had a hernia operation about ten years ago and he just paid for it himself.

yup. at 65 ,you sort of automatically/have to get Medicare ...

suppose you don't have to use it though.

I'm betting that most commercial beekeepers probably don't have health insurance.

true of most small/independent businesses.
low profits vs HIGH ins.premiums.

something serious happens and they just go broke.

They are mostly wiry, grizzled, scruffy, old guys who wear hats and carry hive tools. My brother is quite the character.

and your brother's brother is something of a character as well

(>,
Advertisement