UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 741523  
Subject: Don't go to college if you're male Date: 6/15/2014 10:20 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 13
...not in Obama's Amerika.

List of Lawsuits Against Colleges and Universities Alleging Due Process Violations in Adjudicating Sexual Assault

http://www.avoiceformalestudents.com/list-of-lawsuits-agains...

On April 4, 2011 the Department of Education issued its disastrous "Dear Colleague" letter to colleges and universities across the United States, requiring administrators who had neither the investigative nor prosecutorial prowess of the criminal justice system to determine the guilt and innocence of students accused of felony sexual assault, and to reach their conclusions independent of whatever the police and courts decide.

Worse – the DoE demanded these schools determine guilt via a radically low standard of evidence for sex-assault cases: the "preponderance of evidence" standard. Under this model, if an administrator feels that there might be a 50.01% chance that the alleged crime occurred, he/she must find the student guilty of sexual assault. This is further complicated by the lack of numerous other procedural safeguards and methods of evidentiary examination.

Predictably, a wave of lawsuits soon erupted as young men wrongly accused of sex crimes found themselves hustled through a vague and misshapen adjudication process with slipshod checks and balances and Kafkaesque standards of evidence. This page is dedicated to cataloging their legal challenges against schools which – they allege – have violated their rights to due process, unjustly destroyed their names, deprived them of educational opportunities, and committed various other crimes against them in the process of "just following orders."

There are 22 lawsuits so far. No doubt the number will grow as the administration escalates its War on Men.

--fleg
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JavaRunner Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 731345 of 741523
Subject: Re: Don't go to college if you're male Date: 6/16/2014 8:48 AM
Recommendations: 2
There are 22 lawsuits so far. No doubt the number will grow as the administration escalates its War on Men.

=====================================================================

On average 1 in 4 women are assaulted on our campuses. While I find what the administration is doing is too broad, at least they are trying to tackle the problem. Maybe some men need to learn respect and how to keep their privates to themselves, and learn that women are not to be abused.

Charlie

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 731356 of 741523
Subject: Re: Don't go to college if you're male Date: 6/16/2014 10:18 AM
Recommendations: 7
On average 1 in 4 women are assaulted on our campuses. While I find what the administration is doing is too broad, at least they are trying to tackle the problem. Maybe some men need to learn respect and how to keep their privates to themselves, and learn that women are not to be abused.

Charlie

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/06/15/dem-senators-bring-ver...

A careful reading of Will’s full editorial would show that he was essentially making two points. First, the “math” being cited to define the number of sexual assaults taking place was unfit for a 3rd grade Common Core tutorial. Second, Will noted that expanding and inflating the definition of sexual assaults to include micro-aggressions – such as a boy staring for too long at a young coed with a low cut blouse – would tend to dilute the pool of actual assaults and diminish the seriousness of the real problem.

The administration asserts that only 12 percent of college sexual assaults are reported. Note well: I did not question this statistic. Rather, I used it.

I cited one of the calculations based on it that Mark Perry of the American Enterprise Institute has performed {link}. So, I think your complaint is with the conclusion that arithmetic dictates, based on the administration’s statistic. The inescapable conclusion is that another administration statistic that one in five women is sexually assaulted while in college is insupportable and might call for tempering your rhetoric about “the scourge of sexual assault.”

-----------------------------------------------------
Reminds me of other stats liberals love, like 97% of scientists agree, or women get paid 77 cents on the dollar, doesn't matter if the stats are phony, you just need to keep repeating them.

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 731367 of 741523
Subject: Re: Don't go to college if you're male Date: 6/16/2014 10:59 AM
Recommendations: 1
Second, Will noted that expanding and inflating the definition of sexual assaults to include micro-aggressions – such as a boy staring for too long at a young coed with a low cut blouse – would tend to dilute the pool of actual assaults and diminish the seriousness of the real problem.

Exactly. As boorish as males can sometimes be, I doubt that "one in four women are assaulted on our campuses."

Author: DufusGoneSplat Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 731373 of 741523
Subject: Re: Don't go to college if you're male Date: 6/16/2014 11:49 AM
Recommendations: 0
On April 4, 2011 the Department of Education issued its disastrous "Dear Colleague" letter to colleges and universities across the United States, requiring administrators who had neither the investigative nor prosecutorial prowess of the criminal justice system to determine the guilt and innocence of students accused of felony sexual assault, and to reach their conclusions independent of whatever the police and courts decide.

That statement is not true. It is a letter that, in conjunction with U.S. Department of Education and its Office for Civil Rights (OCR) 2001 Revised Sexual Harassment Guidance, clarifies and/or gives guidance for Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 et seq., and its implementing regulations, 34 C.F.R. Part 106

http://www.avoiceformalestudents.com/wp-content/uploads/2013...

...not in Obama's Amerika.

I didn't realize that Obama's Amerika was in effect during 1972 (when Nixon was in office) or 2001 (when Bush-II was in office).

Worse – the DoE demanded these schools determine guilt via a radically low standard of evidence for sex-assault cases: the "preponderance of evidence" standard.

What the document says is In addressing complaints filed with OCR under Title IX, OCR reviews a school’s procedures to determine whether the school is using a preponderance of the evidence standard to evaluate complaints. The Supreme Court has applied a preponderance of the evidence standard in civil litigation involving discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII), 42 U.S.C. §§ 2000e et seq.

I didn't realize that Obama's Amerika was in effect during 1964 either.

Predictably, a wave of lawsuits soon erupted ...

This wave of lawsuits erupted in 1972 or 1973? And we're just hearing about it now? That's why it's Obama's Amerika? Wow!

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 731376 of 741523
Subject: Re: Don't go to college if you're male Date: 6/16/2014 12:06 PM
Any female who believes she's been accosted should go directly to the local police department, which is the correct venue to lodge a complaint. Every other venue is superfluous.

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 731388 of 741523
Subject: Re: Don't go to college if you're male Date: 6/16/2014 12:55 PM
Recommendations: 7
Maybe some men need to learn respect and how to keep their privates to themselves, and learn that women are not to be abused.

I'm not aware of any non-psychotic men that don't know this... but that means that the only people you could try to teach it to (psychopaths) are the very people who literally couldn't care less, by definition. You might as well try to teach a dog to drive a car.

That being said, the definition of sexual assault seems to include, "consented at the time but regretted it later for some reason so I'm going to report it." Whatever one's view on that it does happen, often. Yes, there are also plenty of cases where the woman never reports it but in the end it's a huge muddled mess so any concrete stats are impossible to come up with. Do the former outnumber the latter or vice-versa? NOBODY KNOWS! Anyone who says they know or pretends to know is lying.

The way I look at it is that rape is a crime of opportunity, just like larceny (I'm not saying they're equivalent in terms of emotional trauma or anything like that, but merely in terms of how the occur). Is it the victim's fault that their laptop was stolen when they left it unattended in a library for hours? No, it is the thief's fault for stealing it, BUT the victim didn't do anything to prevent the crime. They created the opportunity for it to happen needlessly. They should have known better.

Likewise a girl going to a frat party alone, dressed as most are and drinking heavily... that's a hell of a lot of opportunity being presented to a lot of drunk horny guys. It's a BAD IDEA. There's tempting fate then there's holding up raw meat in front of a rabid dog. Why do we have to tell guys to behave themselves but we can't tell women "Uh, yeah, don't do the equivalent of walking around with a "I'm easy, nail me!" neon sign flashing over your head mKay?" without being accused of being misogynistic jerks? Newsflash: preventing the opportunity is THE BEST WAY to prevent a crime of opportunity from happening! That's why we have door locks, car locks, light timers, etc.! No, they shouldn't be raped, but many aren't because THEY AVOID THOSE SITUATIONS AT ALL COSTS! An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and all that jazz.

Yes, it's true that you can take all the precautions and still be victimized, but that's a remarkably rare event truth be told. Criminals look for the easiest targets. That's what they do. Your job in life is to avoid being the easiest target if at all possible. You don't walk down the street in the ghetto "kicking stones", you don't fill up your car in the ghetto after dark, you don't go walking down the street flashing money and if you're a woman you don't go to a party alone, get wasted while wearing skimpy clothing if you don't want to risk some horny drunk guy pawing you. YOU. JUST. DON'T. DO. IT. It's a BAD IDEA. Bad things are almost certain to happen! If they don't happen it's a bit of a miracle!

Yes, that's an extreme example, but far from impossible to imagine. I can drive down Washtenaw Ave. (where most of the frats are in town) pretty much any weekend in September and see the above scenario playing out time and time again. I don't do that (really, I avoid the area like the plague lest I'm a witness to something I'd much rather not see as a civilian) but, hey, it is what it is.

Is this a non-PC worldview? Yup. I couldn't care less about being PC. Criminals don't. It's a dog-eat-dog world out there and we're all wearing milk bone underwear. You better cover your own ass, nobody else is going to cover it for you. If more parents taught their kids (boys AND girls) that this would be a far better place.

Author: MetalDecathlete Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 731535 of 741523
Subject: Re: Don't go to college if you're male Date: 6/17/2014 12:46 PM
Recommendations: 4

Charlie

Exactly Charlie. I could not agree more. I for one absolutely believe 1 in 4 women have been assaulted. More than likely, the ratio is far greater for harrassment. I bet it skyrocket's to the 90th percentile.

But I qualify that it is being done by chiefly one group. Black athletes that never learned how to treat a woman, growing up in a welfare family of a mom and various siblings from different fathers.

I would be interested in knowing those stats.

All 3 of my kids (2 daughters) have experienced or seen harrassment. All by black pos athletes that thought they were god's gifts to women and above the law. My son (college football player) thought he witnessed a a gang rape by some of his team-mates. He and a few of the white guys that saw it reported it to their coaches. Nothing was done.

Vermin. Vermin. Vermin. You should hear what those black pos's have said to my daughters while on campus, just walking from class to class.

My youngest, half black and half white adopted daughter, will not date a black man. She find's them disqusting, revolting and perverted. She is wondering if she'll ever meet a decent black man that does not talk ebonics and/or refer her private parts and what he wants to do to them.

I know there are some out there. I've worked with them and ran track with many of them in college. But today, I wonder what the frak has happened to them and I wonder why people protect them and justify their disgusting behaviors (like with Travon Marton).

Call me a bigot if you want. But those are the facts.

Metal

Author: THEMATHISNEAR Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 731540 of 741523
Subject: Re: Don't go to college if you're male Date: 6/17/2014 1:48 PM
Recommendations: 6

Charlie

On average 4 out of 4 statements by libruls are outright lies, followed by vacuous sanctimonious strawman statements whereby the librul tries to make themselves out to be the champions of some distressed group, presumably in order to make them feel better about themselves.

Author: THEMATHISNEAR Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 731542 of 741523
Subject: Re: Don't go to college if you're male Date: 6/17/2014 1:56 PM
Colovion,

Everything you say is true, but you're falling into the librul 'guilt trap' (not to be confused with a 'guilt trip', which they take whenever they catch themselves feeling good about America). No, the guilt trap is where they make some sanctimonious statement and then try to make everyone else defend against it. It's a form of them trying to force the universe to obey their command, like they have some cosmic significance. They don't; they're usually arrogant jerks that serve as useful idiots to tyrants. They should be treated with scorn at every opportunity. I'm done being nice to jerks on the left. It doesn't pay off, because at the end, they get their way, no problem is solved, freedom and prosperity are reduced, and, more to the point, they're still jerks.

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 731550 of 741523
Subject: Re: Don't go to college if you're male Date: 6/17/2014 2:57 PM
It's a form of them trying to force the universe to obey their command, like they have some cosmic significance.

This is what cosmic significance looks like.

List of United States Federal Agencies
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_federal_a...

Author: THEMATHISNEAR Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 731552 of 741523
Subject: Re: Don't go to college if you're male Date: 6/17/2014 3:01 PM
The Democrats would probably change their motto to 'In Bureaucracy We Trust' if they weren't so enamored with 'In Lies We Trust'.

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 731555 of 741523
Subject: Re: Don't go to college if you're male Date: 6/17/2014 3:22 PM
My son (college football player) thought he witnessed a a gang rape by some of his team-mates. He and a few of the white guys that saw it reported it to their coaches. Nothing was done.

Why did he not report it to any police agency?

Author: MetalDecathlete Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 731627 of 741523
Subject: Re: Don't go to college if you're male Date: 6/18/2014 10:12 AM
warrl
Why did he not report it to any police agency?

Like I said, he was not 100% sure it was rape. He was an 18 year old freshmen, a hick from the sticks and new to the campus. They were at a party and later in the evening, one of his friends saw a slightly open door with a few black men going at it with a passed out white girl (probably from drinking). So in disbelief, he walked towards the bedroom to see if it was true. It was. The guys doing it were upperclassmen on his team.

The next day, he and 2 of his friends talked about it to his coach and told them what happened and that it could have been rape. The coach said he would take care of it.

He does not know what happened after that but the guys were still on campus after that playing ball.

It still eats at him to this day. What he could have done differently. Like call the police that moment. He was young, new to the team and scared he would get in trouble with the older athletes.

Which he eventually did anyway because he quickly grew tired of the criminal, unethical and immoral behavior of the blacks, which comprised about 80% of his team. He became outspoken and got in a number fights with them, which he won thanks to his martial arts training. However, blacks don't fight fair. They attack in numbers, in the dark and from behind. He was jumped by 3 black guys his sophomore year and beaten to a pulp. He could not put on his helmet for 3 days.

We were never told any of this by the school, coaches or him. He kept it to himself and just dealt with it. We found out 3 or 4 years after he graduated from college and I contacted the school in a rage. They never replied to my emails and would hang up on me while on the phone.

The way he was treated by the black athletes and the way the coaches protected them is the main reason he refused all the scholarships to play football later on at any one of the D1 or D2 schools that made an offer.

He came home, enrolled at the University of North Texas (30 minutes from our home) and commuted to and from school. Football is just a painful memory to him now and he has moved on.

Metal

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 731639 of 741523
Subject: Re: Don't go to college if you're male Date: 6/18/2014 10:46 AM
They were at a party and later in the evening, one of his friends saw a slightly open door with a few black men going at it with a passed out white girl (probably from drinking). So in disbelief, he walked towards the bedroom to see if it was true. It was. The guys doing it were upperclassmen on his team. Like I said, he was not 100% sure it was rape.

Is everyone (except you) stupid at that school? Don't they watch any cop shows?

He could have gone directly to the police and anonymously reported the incident. He would have remained anonymous until it came time to testify at trial, of course.

Author: MetalDecathlete Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 731704 of 741523
Subject: Re: Don't go to college if you're male Date: 6/18/2014 2:57 PM
cc
Is everyone (except you) stupid at that school? Don't they watch any cop shows?

He could have gone directly to the police and anonymously reported the incident. He would have remained anonymous until it came time to testify at trial, of course.

Yep. That's what he should have done. I just hope not all athletic programs are like that. I have not even gotten on the 'steroid's issue either, which is another travesty that has entered the equation.

Suffice it to say that I don't watch college football anymore. I could care less about it. Even pro football has lost a lot of it's zip. When I see a game, I can't help but think that the majority of the players are fraking animals, morons and got all that meat from injecting steroids.

It's all fake. A sham. The worse part is they get all this free money to go play ball and fake their way through school. Money that could be given to other students who would go to school to actually learn something and make something out of their lives. Kids who can put a grammatically correct sentence together and won't cheat with steroids.

Someday, I may write a book about my experiences with athletics. From my own high school and college football experiences, to my decathlon (college and post college) and on to what my 3 college athlete children have experienced.

Metal

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement