UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 127677  
Subject: Don't lie about prior short sale or foreclosure Date: 8/19/2013 11:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I recently attended this webinar:

How to Get Short Sales and Foreclosures Removed from a Credit Report
http://reopro.ning.com/forum/topics/webinar-how-to-get-short...

It doesn’t matter if a short sale/foreclosure is removed from a prospective buyer’s credit report! Derogatory credit must still season according to Fannie/Freddie guidelines.
https://www.fanniemae.com/content/announcement/0816.pdf

There’s a question in the “Declarations” section of an application: “Have you had property foreclosed upon [a short sale is considered pre-foreclosure] or given title or deed in lieu thereof in the last 7 years?”

Even if an applicant answers “no,” their last property address will be checked to see if it was foreclosed upon and, if the applicant lied, they’re subject to the penalty of perjury as cited in the “Acknowledgement and Agreement” section of the application.

Each of the undersigned specifically represents to Lender and to Lender's actual or potential agents, brokers, processors, attorneys, insurers, servicers, successors and assigns and agrees and acknowledges that: (1) the information provided in this application is true and correct as of the date set forth opposite my signature and that any intentional or negligent misrepresentation of this information contained in this application may result in civil liability, including monetary damages, to any person who may suffer any loss due to reliance upon any misrepresentation that I have made on this application, and/or in criminal penalties including, but not limited to, fine or imprisonment or both under the provisions of Title 18, United States Code, Sec. 1001, et seq.;

Even if a negative short sale or foreclosure is successfully removed, I would never counsel a consumer to lie on a loan application. The lender will find out, anyway--guaranteed. Checking the status of the applicant’s prior address(es) is part of the lender’s file audit checklist.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Clorox Isn't Cleaning Up
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement