Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
don't worry

Your mailbox will be beseigned with mail starting 90 days ahead of your 65th birthday

You'll get letters from dozens of plans wanting to sign you up for supplements or for 'all in one' care.

you probably will sign up for a supplement plan. I think it is plan F that most people get.

On the other hand, you might elect a 'all in one' type HMO deal where they do the Medicare, Supplement and drug plan - but your choices of docs are limited to their network....

I got straight Medicare - since I travel a lot..... and don't want restrictions on coverage area...which usually come with the 'all in one' deals.

I got Walmart/Humana drug plan.....about as cheap a you can get since I only take one generic med.

And I got a supplement plan, now through New Era....that covers the 20% that Medicare does't in some cases.

You get a Medicare card. You go to your doc and he takes it (and your supplement card which you don't need for doc visits)...that's it....

In 3 months your mailbox will be overflowing with ads saying 'sign up with me'! you might get some phone calls...

Print the post  

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.