Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: tilnow One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19224  
Subject: Re: AARP Health insurance Date: 5/18/2007 9:09 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
DorothyM wrote:
"my dentist recommended that I get the AARP Delta Dental plan when my Cobra dental runs out."

We've had the AARP Delta plan for two years and just paid a steeply higher premium for year 3. I called to ask why such a high jump and was told the first two years you are locked in with an introductory premium; after that it goes up every year.

Peridontal services are not covered during the first year. After that there are strict limits on services, i.e. only two cleanings yearly are covered although peridontal patients usually require 4. Prior to enrolling, we found it virtually impossible to learn exactly what was covered! Once you enroll and pay, a coverage contract is mailed to you.

If you're not in a metropolitan area, finding a participating provider can be difficult. Most dentists will accept AARP Delta, but aren't participating providers, so your co-pay can be much higher.

I suggest you calculate what you would pay out-of-pocket without dental ins. for the services you now use and expect soon. Year 3 insurance with AARP Delta for one person costs nearly $600.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Name of the Game: Tax Avoidance
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement