Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 18055  
Subject: Re: Hybrid lawsuit Date: 1/2/2013 6:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Doug, thanks for the great response. (and the subtle humor. I know of what you speak) ;) Congrats on 28 years of bliss.

Agree 100% with the stop signal driving. My young daughter's first car is a 2002 Chevy Prism, aka Toyota Corolla. When she told me she averaged 25 mpg or so, I wondered what the heck was wrong. Yup. Stomp and start :)

I routinely see people driving on my bumper ahead of a stop. I coast at a decent speed, no gas applied. I'd imagine they lose a good 2-4 mpg driving that way, when a simple look ahead through my windshield or over the top could see a stop is imminent. Even with a huge semi ahead of me, many people don't seem to look at anything other than the bumper of the car ahead.

My Camry is rated at 32/33 highway. Sometimes I can get 30/31, but I have a drive that is continually up grade through some mountainous terrain. With some city/local driving, I average a combined 28 most of the time, right on the button. On the highway, I rarely go below 72 and generally cruise at 75.

I'm anxious to drive a new Fusion, as it's certainly one of the hottest looking 4-door sedans out there. The 47 intrigued me, 38/40 not so much. But it's the around town and local driving that would make is desirable. At any rate, with small cars over $20k, and sedans leaping towards $30k and up, there are other considerations ;)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Future, or What's Left of It
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement