UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ValueSnark Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 6326  
Subject: Dow Theory? Date: 7/24/2004 9:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I just dredged up the March 22 article in Barron's on Dow theorist Richard Russell. He has been bearish for a while and mentioned that the transportation index failed to confirm an intermediate high in the industrials index. Since then the market has been mostly down.
He seems to have a good long-term track record.
I have two questions:
1. Does anyone place any stock in this theory?
2. Does anyone know the symbol at the yahoo finance page for the DJ Transportation Index? The DJ Industrial Index is available there (DJI) but DJT turns up Trump's company and I can't find anything else.
Thanks,
ValueSnark
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ddjnh Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6012 of 6326
Subject: Re: Dow Theory? Date: 7/27/2004 7:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
1. A lot of folks whom I respect seem to take it seriously, so I am inclined to also.
2. $TRAN at stockcharts.com, don't know about yahoo.

== dj

Author: zippeit Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6312 of 6326
Subject: Re: Dow Theory? Date: 4/27/2012 1:02 AM
What is this Dow Theory and how does it relate to a small investor like me? Can I use it to my advantage?

Author: RayRohn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6313 of 6326
Subject: Re: Dow Theory? Date: 4/29/2012 6:28 PM
Recommendations: 1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dow_theory

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement