Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: POC202 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2786  
Subject: Down 25% in one day? Date: 10/16/2007 3:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Am I the only one flabbergasted at how Wall Street is reacting to Ericsson's news today? Off a quarter? Holy S#$^ Aren't those (woefully) overpaid, (ridiculously) underage "geniuses" supposed to know all this stuff before it goes public?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: geho Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2779 of 2786
Subject: Re: Down 25% in one day? Date: 10/17/2007 1:46 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
One should have seen it coming, but then, hindsight is always 20/20.

While the newly merged competitors had been busy with themselves, ERIC had been announcing new business on weekly or sometimes daily basis.
That came at a price as we know now. But getting hammered like that?

Must be lots of Mutual Funds offloading.
The question is how long it takes to recover that.

Gerd

Author: sp2007 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2780 of 2786
Subject: Re: Down 25% in one day? Date: 10/17/2007 4:03 AM
Hi all,

Kind of a new one to this with not a big experience and that for I would like your opinion on this.

I have an amount in cash to invest with a 1.5 - 2 year horizon. For such a time target I would be more than satisfied with a 20-25% return for this specific investment.

Wouldn't now be a good time to invest 1/2 of it in ERIC and wait a few days to see if it falls any deeper so that I can invest the rest 1/2 ?

It seems like a bargain being in 2 year low and of course it seems to be a stable and not what I call a "bubble company". But again I may be missing something important here.

Thanks in advance.

S.

Author: RP99 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2781 of 2786
Subject: Re: Down 25% in one day? Date: 10/19/2007 2:38 AM
Aren't those (woefully) overpaid, (ridiculously) underage "geniuses" supposed to know all this stuff before it goes public?

As far as I understand lot of the market reaction is because many are are thinking that one (woefully) overpaid, - even if not underage - "genius" that should have known this before is the company CEO, who barely a month before during the annual capital markets day (more than 2/3 of that quarter passed already) was so optimistic. This seems to logically leave three alternative:

A) He lied
B) He really had no idea what was going on
C) Something truly monumentally bad happened during the last weeks of September

None of the options seems very good.

No position in ERIC, though just might buy in the near future. It is still after all the clear number on in wireless networks and on top of that it owns 50% of a joint venture that seems to be stabilizing a position as a respectable medium sized player in handset business. The price is certainly more affordable than what we have seen for a fairly long time...

Author: geho Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2782 of 2786
Subject: Re: Down 25% in one day? Date: 10/19/2007 5:06 AM
...three alternative:

A) He lied
B) He really had no idea what was going on
C) Something truly monumentally bad happened during the last weeks of September...

I tend/ want/ wish to believe that the answer is "B", even though None of the options seems very good.

Looking at my cristal ball I can see heads rolling and tighter controls being introduced. I have faith (is that what it takes?) in Mr. Svanberg that he will get the company back into line.
It remains to be seen how long that will take though.

What I am looking for in the quarterly report are answers to the following Q:

What is the progress on the integration of all the newly acquired companies?
What is their contribution to top- and bottomline and margins?
Clarifications on the hinted change in strategic focus.

Best,

Gerd

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement