Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: nowandzen Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 62  
Subject: Down again Date: 9/7/1999 9:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
ECIL just seems to keep going down, yet it is hard to find out why. I know there is the concern over the Tadiran acquisition, but that seems like old news that should have been fully taken into account in the stock price by now. On Aug. 16, Lehman Brothers lowered its EPS estimate, but maintained a "1-Buy" recommendation for ECIL.

Lehman Brothers stated, "The good news is that all these issues [related to the acquisition] are, in our opinion, temporary in nature and some are close to being resolved." The company was trading at a price-to-earnings ratio of 12.3 times 1999 Lehman's estimated earnings and 10.3 times estimated 2000 earnings.

Does anyone have any knowledge about what is going on with this stock? I generally buy and hold for a long time, but I'm wondering if this is just a dog that I should kick off the porch.

Now-and-Zen

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement