UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: paul804 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10363  
Subject: Downloading 401k Transactions Date: 5/26/2004 12:30 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I use Quicken to keep track of all of my financial data. I download credit card and debit card transactions frequently and keep all of my balances up to date.

The 401k provide that my company uses doesn't allow for direct download of transactions like my bank and credit card. I have to go to the web site and view the transactions I want to see then download them. I do this by entering the beginning date and end date of the transactions I want to see then click a button that says Download to Quicken.

The transactions download fine. Quicken opens and attempts to import the transactions. Quicken then tells me that it has to set up my 401k and compare the funds I've downloaded to the funds I have in my 401k to make sure their the same. The names of the funds I download match the list that Quicken shows me of existing funds. I say they match and Quicken then attempts to load the transactions into my register. This is when the fun begins. All transactions that occured before the date range I add on the web site are voided and a transaction is automatically entered at the beginning of my register with the comment, "Buy added 5/26/2004 when 401K made Online"

Quicken is apparently confused and thinks it is creating a new account for some reason. The transactions are entered into the correct account though. It's creating a new account but knows which existing account should get the transactions.

Has anyone seen this before? My goal is to get Quicken to add the new transactions to the existing account. I'm currently adding all transactions by hand.

TIA,
Paul
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement