No. of Recommendations: 9
I thought this was funny:

http://devour.com/video/downton-arbys/

My thoughts on Downton

Lord Grantham: a dope, and a good example of why the Empire collapsed.

Lady Grantham: even good ole American DNA couldn't bring back strong chins in 350 years of Crawley inbreeding.

Lady Mary Crawley: icy, high maintenance, looks good in Edwardian dress.

Lady Edith Crawley: reminds me of Marla in A League of Their Own.

Lady Sybil Crawley: another reason not to marry chauffeurs.

Dowager Countess of Grantham: the reason the empire achieved world dominance.

Matthew Crawley: blown up in the war, but still in the game.

Isobel Crawley: no Mother Theresa but doing her best.

Carson: wish my butler was half as good.

Mrs. Hughes: thank goodness the cancer didn't get her, will marry Carson eventually.

Bates: probably did kill his nasty first wife.

Anna Bates: sweet, but should keep an eye open with Bates, she can always kick him in the bad leg if she needs to get away quickly.

Sarah O'Brien: cold hearted, steely, vindictive witch, made Lady Grantham loose her baby.

Barrow: it's best the young footmen don't drop the soap.

Mrs Patmore: my kind of cook, can make a 12 course meal for 40, out of 2 dead pheasants, clotted cream, and a head of turned cabbage.

mcb
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2

Was discussing D.A. with a couple of gals on FB. I asked if anyone thought the Bates issue was getting stale. A U.K. gal piped in that over there, they're episodes ahead of us. She said it gets better and better. Well, that was an enticement to keep watching though at this point, I don't give a hoot. It's something to watch on Sunday nights besides Gator Boys, endless reruns of Pretty Woman, and repeat episodes of Pawn Stars. If Mary Crawley were an inanimate object, I'd call her a chip off a glacier. Maggie Smith is stellar in anything she does but one lousy movie taking liberties with the life of Jane Austen.

Funny that there are so many social justice overtones in D.A. Staff were merely disposable chattel in the real world, but the modern Brits like to give the tarnished silver a little polish and there you go.
No. of Recommendations: 1
My thoughts on Downton
Lord Grantham: a dope, and a good example of why the Empire collapsed.
Lady Grantham: even good ole American DNA couldn't bring back strong chins in 350 years of Crawley inbreeding.
Lady Mary Crawley: icy, high maintenance, looks good in Edwardian dress.
Lady Edith Crawley: reminds me of Marla in A League of Their Own.
Lady Sybil Crawley: another reason not to marry chauffeurs.
Dowager Countess of Grantham: the reason the empire achieved world dominance.
Matthew Crawley: blown up in the war, but still in the game.
Isobel Crawley: no Mother Theresa but doing her best.
Carson: wish my butler was half as good.
Mrs. Hughes: thank goodness the cancer didn't get her, will marry Carson eventually.
Anna Bates: sweet, but should keep an eye open with Bates, she can always kick him in the bad leg if she needs to get away quickly.
Sarah O'Brien: cold hearted, steely, vindictive witch, made Lady Grantham loose her baby.
Barrow: it's best the young footmen don't drop the soap.
Mrs Patmore: my kind of cook, can make a 12 course meal for 40, out of 2 dead pheasants, clotted cream, and a head of turned cabbage.
mcb

----------------------------

That was an absolute hoot! I'm going to borrow it and paste it to my facebook if you don't mind. My wife is a huge Downton Abbey fan and she will love it! Did you write it? Oh well, nevermind I will say that you did. It's the internet after all so who the hell knows who wrote anything we read?

Art
"It's something to watch on Sunday nights besides Gator Boys, endless reruns of Pretty Woman, and repeat episodes of Pawn Stars." - buffalogal
------------

I'm looking forward to Swamp People coming back on February 14th. When I watch it I always think to myself, "that could have been me." I think I would have enjoyed that kind of life. Seriously.

Art
I'm looking forward to Swamp People coming back on February 14th.

Be careful with that toe curling, Valentine's Day watching Swamp People, works for some, questionable tactic for others<grin>
No. of Recommendations: 0
Sunday night: We watch The Good Wife.
"Be careful with that toe curling, Valentine's Day watching Swamp People, works for some, questionable tactic for others<grin>." - lowstudent

After 39 years "toe curling" isn't all that big of a deal. It doesn't take the whole evening. We've got the mechanics pretty down pat. Another words, it doesn't take the whole night. There is still plenty of time for Swamp People watching.

Art
I'm going to borrow it and paste it to my facebook if you don't mind. My wife is a huge Downton Abbey fan and she will love it! Did you write it? Oh well, nevermind I will say that you did. It's the internet after all so who the hell knows who wrote anything we read? . Art

Yes, I wrote it.

mcb
"Yes, I wrote it." - mcbdds

It's a hoot! It's the kind of thing that gets passed around in emails. It will have a life of it's own now.

Art
That was an absolute hoot! I'm going to borrow it and paste it to my facebook if you don't mind. My wife is a huge Downton Abbey fan and she will love it! Did you write it? Oh well, nevermind I will say that you did. It's the internet after all so who the hell knows who wrote anything we read?
----------------

That list is exactly why I don't watch stuff like Dowton Abbey. To boring/silly.

arrete
"That list is exactly why I don't watch stuff like Dowton Abbey. To boring/silly." - arrete

Are you sure you don't have asperger's? Do you prefer to read non-fiction? Find being around other people draining? Have a couple of hobbies you are very involved in? ....

"Some traits that are typical of Asperger's syndrome, such as attention to detail and focused interests, can increase chances of university and career success. Many people with Asperger's seem to be fascinated with technology, and a common career choice is engineering. But scientific careers are by no means the only areas where people with Asperger's excel. Indeed, many respected historical figures have had symptoms of Asperger's, including Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Albert Einstein, Marie Curie, and Thomas Jefferson."

http://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/tc/aspergers-syndrome-symp...

Art
I'm looking forward to Swamp People coming back on February 14th. When I watch it I always think to myself, "that could have been me." I think I would have enjoyed that kind of life. Seriously.

Art

I think I would have enjoyed the life of lords, ladies, and countesses -- and sprawling country estates -- more than I would have enjoyed living the "Swamp People" life. :-P
Advertisement