Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: sheilaoliver Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 40740  
Subject: Dr Merkin Date: 12/26/2000 6:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I heard a radio call in show by Dr. Gabe Merkin. He said he has a web site but I cant bring it up. Does anyone know it? Thank you and a sfe and healthy 2001 to all.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: VeeEnn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7114 of 40740
Subject: Re: Dr Merkin Date: 12/26/2000 8:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
His name is Gabe Mirkin. I checked on Google and there's a site drmirkin.com....that's probably the one.

Author: RainbowRider Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7115 of 40740
Subject: Re: Dr Merkin Date: 12/27/2000 9:50 AM
Hello!

When I lived in Philadelphia some years ago (early 80's), I listened to his daily talk-radio sports medicine show quite often. I can still hear him repeating his mantra "30 minutes at a time, 3 times a week (with a full day's rest in between)" in reference to what he felt one's exercise goals should be for cardiovascular health. He believed that for optimal heart-health, one needed to be able to engage in aerobic exercise at an elevated pulse level (I forget the rates he quoted) for 30 minutes a day, three times a week as a minimum.

Research done in the interim has probably modified his numbers somewhat.

"Dr. Gabe", as he was called on the show, was a distance runner himself and seemed quite dedicated to his mission of getting Americans off their couches.

Hope this gives you a starting place.

Rider

Author: sheilaoliver Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7116 of 40740
Subject: Re: Dr Merkin Date: 12/29/2000 1:15 PM
Yes, that's it. Thanks very much.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement