UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 744991  
Subject: Drawing of Family Member Date: 11/16/2012 7:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 12
You guys have seen photos of my baby niece. Thought I would make drawing. Used to draw alot as a kid, but quit before high school. Here's a drawing of my baby niece (well, she's a toddler now). This was drawn with a regular pencil and color pencils (no paint involved). Took me about 7-8 hours.

Going to frame it and suprise them at Thanksgiving.

https://picasaweb.google.com/115838004468574218377/Drawing?a...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655611 of 744991
Subject: Re: Drawing of Family Member Date: 11/16/2012 9:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
That is wonderful - and she's adorable. Enjoy this early toddler time. It's the best.

arrete

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655623 of 744991
Subject: Re: Drawing of Family Member Date: 11/16/2012 10:52 PM
Recommendations: 0
Thanks Arrete. Yeah, she's is so fun at this age. Really off beat and hilarious. I hope they enjoy the drawing.

It's funny. She's not even 2 years old yet, and I get a call from my mom today that the family wants to get a computer for her. I'm like what?? (Imagine it in Mongolianese). What is she going to do with a computer? Her mom and dad have like 3 computers between them between work and personal computers. Can't they get her those first?? It's crazy. I know kids these days learn very fast on digital stuff....but what's the point?? They already have 3. But apparently they called my sister and she was ok with it....good grief.

Maybe next month, they buy her an iPhone 5. I'm sure her handful of 1-1/2 year old toddler friends all have iPhones on which to text each other and photos of each other wetting their diapers. LOL

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655631 of 744991
Subject: Re: Drawing of Family Member Date: 11/17/2012 1:50 AM
AOLF wrote: She's not even 2 years old yet, and I get a call from my mom today that the family wants to get a computer for her.

They could teach her how to read in just a few days. No computer required.

I taught my son to read at age 9 months. He was fully verbal at about 18 months when he read an unfamiliar book cover to cover outloud. This method works.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Teach-Your-Baby-Read/dp/0757001858...

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655633 of 744991
Subject: Re: Drawing of Family Member Date: 11/17/2012 2:19 AM
AOLF wrote: She's not even 2 years old yet, and I get a call from my mom today that the family wants to get a computer for her.

They could teach her how to read in just a few days. No computer required.

I taught my son to read at age 9 months. He was fully verbal at about 18 months when he read an unfamiliar book cover to cover outloud. This method works.

Well, it's not just about teaching her to read, although it's a big part of growing up. It's about.....well, using the computer, learning manual dexerity, picking up typing, being conversant about social media (although I hope that's awhile away..LOL). Tons of stuff to learn while using the computer.

But I just think it's just so early.....she's not even two years of age yet. Trust me, I'm all about learning early. But her parents have 3-4 computers already....will getting her another one help??

I think my family is just so infatuated with such a new, cute young family member, they feel like they need to do something very nice for her, even if it's impractical. She's very bright....but c'mon. Oh well, I'm going to have to roll along, and contribute a couple of hundred of dollar, eventhough I'm unemployed....

But we all love her soooo much. She really is a cutey and love us back as well!!

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655646 of 744991
Subject: Re: Drawing of Family Member Date: 11/17/2012 9:04 AM
"I think my family is just so infatuated with such a new, cute young family member, they feel like they need to do something very nice for her, even if it's impractical. She's very bright....but c'mon. Oh well, I'm going to have to roll along, and contribute a couple of hundred of dollar, eventhough I'm unemployed.... But we all love her soooo much. She really is a cutey and love us back as well!!" - aolf
--------------------------

Your family must not reproduce like my family. My oldest sister Valerie has four children, 10 grandchildren, and one great grandchild. My next oldest sister Rose (deceased) had 4 children and 2 grandchildren, my brother John has 5 children and 6 grandchildren so far, my sister Linda has 2 daughters, and the youngest Robin has 2 boys. On Bonnie's side I have four nephews and nieces. Plus various cousins and their offspring.

My brother would keep making babies if he could find willing partners. He's been married three times and had children with all three of his wives. He's a hard core Darwinist and believes whoever dies with the most offspring is the winner.

Art

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655892 of 744991
Subject: Re: Drawing of Family Member Date: 11/18/2012 10:04 PM
Your family must not reproduce like my family. My oldest sister Valerie has four children, 10 grandchildren, and one great grandchild. My next oldest sister Rose (deceased) had 4 children and 2 grandchildren, my brother John has 5 children and 6 grandchildren so far, my sister Linda has 2 daughters, and the youngest Robin has 2 boys. On Bonnie's side I have four nephews and nieces. Plus various cousins and their offspring.

My brother would keep making babies if he could find willing partners. He's been married three times and had children with all three of his wives. He's a hard core Darwinist and believes whoever dies with the most offspring is the winner.

Art

Nope our family has not bred prolifically. My mom has two grandkids....soon to be 3.

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655898 of 744991
Subject: Re: Drawing of Family Member Date: 11/18/2012 11:05 PM
You guys have seen photos of my baby niece. Thought I would make drawing. Used to draw alot as a kid, but quit before high school. Here's a drawing of my baby niece (well, she's a toddler now). This was drawn with a regular pencil and color pencils (no paint involved). Took me about 7-8 hours.

Going to frame it and suprise them at Thanksgiving.

https://picasaweb.google.com/115838004468574218377/Drawing?a......

You did this? Wow, you're really talented. Great photos and you can draw too. Not to mention all that calculus and such.

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655899 of 744991
Subject: Re: Drawing of Family Member Date: 11/18/2012 11:19 PM
You did this? Wow, you're really talented. Great photos and you can draw too. Not to mention all that calculus and such.

Thanks Andrew....but man, I'm still working on it as we speak. I'm trying to put a dark background on the drawing.....I started shading the areas around her head with brown, black, and red pencil shading.... Good Lord, it looks horrible!!! I'm erasing it now. Not sure what the hell to do though....

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655909 of 744991
Subject: Re: Drawing of Family Member Date: 11/19/2012 12:34 AM
"Nope our family has not bred prolifically. My mom has two grandkids....soon to be 3." - aolf

I got a picture up in our Kitchen when we had a little family reunion. It has a lot of my parents grandchildren in it. It looks like a Rainbow Coalition of kids, white, black, hispanic, and my brother that has 5 children has one son that is half Indonesian and another that is half Filipino. My oldest sister Valerie has a bunch of grandchildren that are half Mexican and a couple that are half African American. One little African American great niece is very pretty and intelligent and makes excellent grades in school.

Art

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655910 of 744991
Subject: Re: Drawing of Family Member Date: 11/19/2012 12:39 AM
Well, yeah, if you extend past our immediate family, there are a gadzillion family members, cousins, aunts, uncles etc.

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655915 of 744991
Subject: Re: Drawing of Family Member Date: 11/19/2012 1:39 AM

I have no kids, nor does my sister. My two cousins have one kid between them. DW's three siblings had, I think, seven kids. But DW's family is all in Canada where the odds are better for prosperous and satisfying lives than here as of four years ago.

--fleg

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655916 of 744991
Subject: Re: Drawing of Family Member Date: 11/19/2012 1:42 AM
you're really talented. Great photos and you can draw too. Not to mention all that calculus and such.

If he can get the drawing time down to seven minutes, he can have a rewarding career drawing portraits at fairs. Or solving math puzzles while u wait.

--fleg

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655956 of 744991
Subject: Re: Drawing of Family Member Date: 11/19/2012 11:20 AM
"But DW's family is all in Canada where the odds are better for prosperous and satisfying lives than here as of four years ago." -fleg
---------------

Yes, and Canada has a socialized health care system. Correlation?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_in_Canada

I've always found it rather humorous that JLC talks about leaving the United States to get away from socialized medicine and where does he think about going to? New Zealand, where they also have some kind of socialized medicine system. It's rather ironic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_in_New_Zealand

Art

Author: buffalogal100 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655987 of 744991
Subject: Re: Drawing of Family Member Date: 11/19/2012 1:54 PM
I've always found it rather humorous that JLC talks about leaving the United States to get away from socialized medicine and where does he think about going to? New Zealand, where they also have some kind of socialized medicine system. It's rather ironic.

It's not Obamacare. All socialized medical care has a few warts, but ours appears to be a toad dressed up as a prince. An 80 year old family member in Canada got immediate breast cancer care while I'm not so confident the same will happen here. Obamacare was crafted behind doors without a hint of what it was in it up to the last moment before it was voted into law. That should be the first clue it isn't going to be very flexible and humane.

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656040 of 744991
Subject: Re: Drawing of Family Member Date: 11/19/2012 8:40 PM
If he can get the drawing time down to seven minutes, he can have a rewarding career drawing portraits at fairs. Or solving math puzzles while u wait.

--fleg

Whoa!! Arrow through heart!

Getting a compliment from Fleg??......like squeezing blood from a turnip.

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656043 of 744991
Subject: Re: Drawing of Family Member Date: 11/19/2012 9:19 PM

--fleg
-------------

Whoa!! Arrow through heart!

Getting a compliment from Fleg??......like squeezing blood from a turnip.
===============

Not sure it's really a compliment ...

arrete

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement