UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ggleblanc2 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 132638  
Subject: Dreaming of a Nation of Laws Date: 3/24/2013 6:42 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
It seems some illegal aliens can’t afford to pay their medical bills. So, they’d like you to do it for them. It’s just not fair that, while they live in the U.S. illegally, they should also be forced to finance their own doctor visits.

These illegal aliens would be very appreciative if some more money was confiscated by the government, and sent their way.

Dreaming of Healthcare
Video - 0:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjoK0Zf_N5Q&feature=playe...

Remember,
Faith in God
Hope in the future based on knowing the truth
Charity to our fellow men and women
Duty to ourselves, our community, and our country.

Gilbert
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116608 of 132638
Subject: Re: Dreaming of a Nation of Laws Date: 3/24/2013 11:22 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
It seems some illegal aliens can’t afford to pay their medical bills. So, they’d like you to do it for them. It’s just not fair that, while they live in the U.S. illegally, they should also be forced to finance their own doctor visits.

Reagan approved EMTALA--which is how they get their healthcare paid by others. Nobody is stopping conservatives from avoiding doctors and all other healthcare.... Or you could all go to Costa Rica.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116613 of 132638
Subject: Re: Dreaming of a Nation of Laws Date: 3/24/2013 12:56 PM

Maybe it's just me, but when it comes to being "a nation of laws," I'm much more concerned with bankers and financiers getting away with multi-billion dollar fraud than a few deadbeat illegal immigrants.

Author: hondodog Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116625 of 132638
Subject: Re: Dreaming of a Nation of Laws Date: 3/24/2013 5:13 PM
Maybe it's just me, but when it comes to being "a nation of laws," I'm much more concerned with bankers and financiers getting away with multi-billion dollar fraud than a few deadbeat illegal immigrants

and yet, 5 years after the meltdown, i have seen no Federal Prosecution of the bankers.

What am i missing?

(is it possible that the it is more politically expedient to kick the bankers around than to risk prosecutions that may exonerate the scapegoats?)

Author: iamski Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116627 of 132638
Subject: Re: Dreaming of a Nation of Laws Date: 3/24/2013 5:21 PM
i have seen no Federal Prosecution of the bankers.

Easier to appoint them to his cabinet or make them advisors.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116632 of 132638
Subject: Re: Dreaming of a Nation of Laws Date: 3/24/2013 6:54 PM
And yet, 5 years after the meltdown, I have seen no Federal Prosecution of the bankers.

What am I missing?

Maybe that the SEC is corrupt and works for the bankers, not us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-q7DNPOwQQ

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/fallout-...

(is it possible that the it is more politically expedient to kick the bankers around than to risk prosecutions that may exonerate the scapegoats?)

Maybe. Who are the scapegoats?

Author: hondodog Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116634 of 132638
Subject: Re: Dreaming of a Nation of Laws Date: 3/24/2013 7:01 PM

the answer is found in (future) history...whoever has been used politically to blame for the situation, but was never prosecuted, and therefore "not guilty" of the accusations....

a well known concept, used for political expediency and diversion throughout history.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116639 of 132638
Subject: Re: Dreaming of a Nation of Laws Date: 3/24/2013 9:49 PM
---
the answer is found in (future) history...whoever has been used politically to blame for the situation, but was never prosecuted, and therefore "not guilty" of the accusations...

That's not what a scapegoat is.

Scapegoats are punished for the misdeeds of others.

Author: hondodog Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116640 of 132638
Subject: Re: Dreaming of a Nation of Laws Date: 3/24/2013 10:10 PM
wikipedia disagrees with your narrow interpretation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scapegoat
In modern usage a scapegoat is an individual, group, or country singled out for unmerited negative treatment or blame.[1] A whipping boy or "fall guy" is a form of scapegoat.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116642 of 132638
Subject: Re: Dreaming of a Nation of Laws Date: 3/24/2013 10:16 PM
wikipedia disagrees with your narrow interpretation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scapegoat
In modern usage a scapegoat is an individual, group, or country singled out for unmerited negative treatment or blame.[1] A whipping boy or "fall guy" is a form of scapegoat.

My definition is from Merriam-Webster, but anyway, there's no disagrement. Undeserved punishment and "unwarranted negative treatment" are pretty much the same thing.

Author: Jim2B Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116646 of 132638
Subject: Re: Dreaming of a Nation of Laws Date: 3/25/2013 8:48 AM
Liberals believe that words mean what ever they need to mean to prove they are right.

Clinton: "it depends upon what your definition of 'is' is.'"

PA Grayling: "Republicans want slavery because today's Republicans represent the democrats from the 1860s."

xLife: gibberlings

One reason you cannot have a rational debate with a liberal is because they freely change the definition of words and history to suit their argument de jour.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116647 of 132638
Subject: Re: Dreaming of a Nation of Laws Date: 3/25/2013 9:23 AM
One reason you cannot have a rational debate with a liberal is because they freely change the definition of words and history to suit their argument de jour.

Oh, c'mon. Lots of people do that, not just liberals. You see it here on the CF board all the time.

As for my definition of "scapegoat," it's yanked directly from a dictionary. Honodog (not a liberal) is the one quibbling over the meaning of words in this thread and dodging simple questions with prevarication. Who's being scapegoated for the 2008 financial crisis? Why haven't any bankers who have admitted fraud been brought to justice? I'll add a third, direct question: Do you and/or Honodog think Wall Street bankers are being scapegoated?

Author: hondodog Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116697 of 132638
Subject: Re: Dreaming of a Nation of Laws Date: 3/26/2013 5:39 PM
Honodog (not a liberal) is the one quibbling over the meaning of words in this thread and dodging simple questions with prevarication

BS.
i used the word. you responded "that's not what it means". i linked the definition of the word matching the intent of my post....

if the Federal Justice department, the SEC, the FDIC and other multiple agencies whose job it is to oversee the financial market, banks, and other institutions do not bring up any individual or entity for prosecution of "fraud" or other "crimes", then all the rhetoric spewing about the evil [ ] is just that....and those entities will have been made "scapegoats".

not so hard to understand....fits the definition....

who do you think is at fault?

does FNM, FM, the Community Reinvestment Act have ANY culpability? will the CongressCritters who prevented reining in of all the "liar" loans share any blame, or possible repercussions?....

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116698 of 132638
Subject: Re: Dreaming of a Nation of Laws Date: 3/26/2013 6:39 PM
Honodog (not a liberal) is the one quibbling over the meaning of words in this thread and dodging simple questions with prevarication

BS.
i used the word. you responded "that's not what it means". i linked the definition of the word matching the intent of my post...

Oh, brother. More quibbling.

You mentioned "scapegoats."

I asked you who the scapegoats you were.

Instead of answering the question directly, you said the scapegoats are "those who are to blame for the situation, but not prosecuted."

I replied that that's not what a scapegoat is. A scapegoat is someone who is not responsible for a crime, but is punished for it anyway.

That's the opposite of what you called a "scapegoat" -- someone who is "to blame," but not "prosecuted" or punished.

You got it backwards. But nevermind. Again, who is it, exactly, that you think is being unfairly scapegoated for the 2008 economic collapse? Wall Street bankers? If so, that's really funny. It'd be even more backasswards than your mixup over the word "scapegoat." Far from being punished, fairly or unfairly, for the crash, Wall Street bankers have been enormously rewarded for it. Strange, yes, but true.

Author: iamski Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116709 of 132638
Subject: Re: Dreaming of a Nation of Laws Date: 3/27/2013 9:19 AM
does FNM, FM, the Community Reinvestment Act have ANY culpability? will the CongressCritters who prevented reining in of all the "liar" loans share any blame, or possible repercussions?....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yga7TlsA-1A

Author: hondodog Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116745 of 132638
Subject: Re: Dreaming of a Nation of Laws Date: 3/27/2013 6:12 PM
you are circling aimlessly....give it up Felix...

in post 116634 i quite clearly stated that the future would reveal who were the scapegoats....

i have suspicions...but that is not fact.

i am not quibbling. i am allowing the future to reveal the truth.

and i am tired of your quixotic journey to avoid simple facts.

Author: Vile Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116746 of 132638
Subject: Re: Dreaming of a Nation of Laws Date: 3/27/2013 6:52 PM
Recommendations: 2
hondo,
"and i am tired of your quixotic journey to avoid simple facts."

Why do you bother talking to it? It will quibble until the cows come home, never admitting defeat, never admitting error. It voted for a man twice who lies more than he tells the truth. 0bama is making the sequester as painful and visible as possible. He tried to put the blame for WH tours ending on the secret service but they exposed his lie. Then, while the people's house that he treats as his own is closed to little children on maybe a once in a lifetime trip over spring break to see it, he sends his two children and 25 secret service agents on yet another vacation to the Bahama's.

He is laughing at us and living on our dime while people across the nation suffer. He is partying while we scrabble. This is who Felix clearly wants to rule.

Given all of that, is it really worth one ounce of your energy to give it recognition of any kind? It is akin to talking to a fly.

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116755 of 132638
Subject: Re: Dreaming of a Nation of Laws Date: 3/27/2013 10:55 PM
in post 116634 i quite clearly stated that the future would reveal who were the scapegoats....

i have suspicions...but that is not fact.

i am not quibbling. i am allowing the future to reveal the truth.

and i am tired of your quixotic journey to avoid simple facts.

What simple facts am I avoiding?

You just said (1) we wont know who's to blame for the 2008 crash until sometime in the indeterminate future and (2) you have your suspicions.

Those aren't facts. They're opinions.

So what facts are you talking about?

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116757 of 132638
Subject: Re: Dreaming of a Nation of Laws Date: 3/27/2013 11:00 PM
Why do you bother talking to it?

"It?"

Do you ever have anything constructive or substantive to contribute?

I mean all you ever post are paranoid fantasies, vitriolic rants and insults against people who disagree with you or make you look silly.

Begging people to ignore other posters is childish and pathetic. It's also disruptive, the mark of a troll.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement