Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lejardin Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 185  
Subject: Dreamworks SKG - current status Date: 8/4/2006 3:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm just curious if those of you who own this stock are still hanging with it or considering cutting it loose. I've not seen anything mentioned, nor much on this discussion board. Or perhaps, I missed the sell recommendation. Thanks for any insight you are willing to share.

Jamie
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ann121850 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149 of 185
Subject: Re: Dreamworks SKG - current status Date: 8/6/2006 10:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
This is a good time to buy. Since it will go up again for sure with the next movie comes out.
Ann

Author: gulger99 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 150 of 185
Subject: Re: Dreamworks SKG - current status Date: 8/8/2006 8:34 PM
I agree. I saw the trailer for the latest movie Dreamworks movie while seeing Talladega nights (decent - but no Anchorman). I'm not into kids' movies, but it looked well done and the kids in the theatre were laughing throughout the trailer, which I take as a pretty good sign.

Author: ann121850 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 151 of 185
Subject: Re: Dreamworks SKG - current status Date: 9/26/2006 2:49 AM
It gone up 4.00 a share already.
Ann

Author: bigcol12 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 180 of 185
Subject: Re: Dreamworks SKG - current status Date: 3/8/2012 12:31 AM
It is at a low and the company is great. I really like the movies it produces and I don't know anyone who dosen't. It was around $19 or so, not long ago so hang in there, when the knee jurk reactions settle down all will be good. At least I think so.

P.S. I would love any comments on this

Author: TMFWillSommers Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182 of 185
Subject: Re: Dreamworks SKG - current status Date: 4/17/2012 6:43 PM
Hi bigcol12 -

I tend to agree with you on the quality of the movies.

The key fear is that revenue will be hurt by declining DVD sales. In my opinion, that fear is offset by potential streaming revenue and the growing international market. Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011) generated 75% of its box office overseas while Shrek 2 (2004) generated only 52% of its box office overseas.

At $17, the stock is just over 1x book value (hoovering near all-time lows). That definitely puts the stock on my radar.

Regards,
Brendan

PS It doesn't hurt that management has reduced the share count by 15% since 2007.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement