Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: centikel Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 21  
Subject: DRIP for a present Date: 2/5/2002 6:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello,
Well, this is my first post anywhere ever - Harley, stocks and you guys got me up for it. Thanks.

I just wanted to say that I discovered that giving HD stocks in a DRIP account to friends and family is the way to go. They are expensive to start percentage-wise( I typically give a few shares and this costs $30), but it's a one time cost and so it's just part of the gift. Not a burden on the people you give it to. It's perfect for people who don't have enough money to have a broker or don't know where to start - and of course who *love* Harley. It's a kick for the unitiated to get year-end reports and stuff (as opposed to my feelings of being flooded with reports and proxies).

Vroom, vrooom!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: allisonclift Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15 of 21
Subject: Re: DRIP for a present Date: 2/5/2002 8:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Can you explain the DRIP to me? As of right now I am working on reducing my debt and haven't really paid attention to the different investing options out there. Every time I sit down to read through information it puts me right to sleep! You might also want to check out the HDI board...there seems to be more posters over there.

Alli

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement