Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello ALL:

I was up late last night and out of the blue an idea hit my coffee soaked mind. I could use DSP's/DRIPS to transfer wealth outside of an estate using (JTWROS) joint tenancy. For instance: an older man with stocks held in street name could have the certificate sent to himself and could jointly enroll a family member in the DRIP plan with transfer agent. The DRIP could be funded from either party and grow. Upon the death of the grantor/ older man the DRIP plan would be the right of survivorship for the family member and would be passed outside of probate.

Is this workable? and where can I get more info on this type of play? please feel free to add your comments.


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.