Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Yes, I realize I'm scraping the bottom of the peeve barrel with this one. But I just got back from lunch and it's fresh in my mind.

Typically, when you hand the drive-thru cashier your $20 bill, they make change and hand it back to you with the change on top of the bills all at once. The trouble with this is that you have to twist your arm at an unnatural angle to make sure the change does fall out. Trying to balance it on top of the paper money complicates things. Drawing your hand back into the car requires the balance of a chinese acrobat to keep from spilling your change all over the ground.

Here's my suggestion. Change first, then bills in two separate actions.

Jeez am I pathetic or what? :-)

Art
Print the post Back To Top
Here's my suggestion. Change first, then bills in two separate actions.

Jeez am I pathetic or what? :-)

Agreed. I'm a cashier part-time and I figured this one out years ago. Of course, that's why I only do that part time.

Fool on!
-Terry

This leads me to comment about toll booths akers on the highway.

There is one toll that I go through fairly often. It is $3.50. They know that just about every person is going to hand them a $5 bill. But do they have the change ready? Of course not! You hand them the bill; they put the bill in the drawer; they then count out the $1.50 change. (And then you break your arm trying to get it back in the car window without dropping the change.)

Christina
Can you say "E-ZPass"?
Can you say "E-ZPass"

No, not when I don't own (or lease) a car, thank you.

Christina
oh. Sorry.

I think they should have the change ready, especially with those new (and annoying) dollar coins.
But that's another peeve.
Lil'Ke

There is one toll that I go through fairly often. It is $3.50. They know that just about every person is going to hand them a $5 bill. But do they have the change ready? Of course not!

I once worked for Motorola, and in the cafeteria every cash register had a slotted board with a roll of four $1 bills in each slot. I have never seen another place with that much sense. I keep wondering why only Motorola allows people to demonstrate common sense?
There is one toll that I go through fairly often. It is $3.50.

Must be the road leading OUT of NYC! What other road would be worth a $3.50 toll? <grin>
Paul the (Red Sox Rule) Nurse
Yes, I realize I'm scraping the bottom of the peeve barrel with this one. But I just got back from lunch and it's fresh in my mind.

Typically, when you hand the drive-thru cashier your $20 bill, they make change and hand it back to you with the change on top of the bills all at once.

Hey, lighten up. I was a maintenance dude at a drive thru, and I really appreciated finding those coins that people were too lazy to chase.
Yes, I realize I'm scraping the bottom of the peeve barrel with this one.

Scrape away....

But I just got back from lunch and it's fresh in my mind.

Typically, when you hand the drive-thru cashier your $20 bill, they make change and hand it back to you with the change on top of the bills all at once.

Hey, you want it to be FAST food, don't you? In partial seriousness, just be glad if you get the CORRECT change.

ASM
Advertisement