Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: aj3 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 315  
Subject: Drive-thru cashiers: Handing back change Date: 9/7/2000 2:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Yes, I realize I'm scraping the bottom of the peeve barrel with this one. But I just got back from lunch and it's fresh in my mind.

Typically, when you hand the drive-thru cashier your $20 bill, they make change and hand it back to you with the change on top of the bills all at once. The trouble with this is that you have to twist your arm at an unnatural angle to make sure the change does fall out. Trying to balance it on top of the paper money complicates things. Drawing your hand back into the car requires the balance of a chinese acrobat to keep from spilling your change all over the ground.

Here's my suggestion. Change first, then bills in two separate actions.

Jeez am I pathetic or what? :-)

Art
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 209 of 315
Subject: Re: Drive-thru cashiers: Handing back change Date: 9/7/2000 3:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Here's my suggestion. Change first, then bills in two separate actions.

Jeez am I pathetic or what? :-)

Agreed. I'm a cashier part-time and I figured this one out years ago. Of course, that's why I only do that part time.

Fool on!
-Terry

Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 210 of 315
Subject: Re: Drive-thru cashiers: Handing back change Date: 9/7/2000 4:43 PM
This leads me to comment about toll booths akers on the highway.

There is one toll that I go through fairly often. It is $3.50. They know that just about every person is going to hand them a $5 bill. But do they have the change ready? Of course not! You hand them the bill; they put the bill in the drawer; they then count out the $1.50 change. (And then you break your arm trying to get it back in the car window without dropping the change.)

Christina

Author: fishfinder Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 211 of 315
Subject: Re: Drive-thru cashiers: Handing back change Date: 9/7/2000 5:53 PM
Can you say "E-ZPass"?

Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 212 of 315
Subject: Re: Drive-thru cashiers: Handing back change Date: 9/7/2000 6:13 PM
Can you say "E-ZPass"

No, not when I don't own (or lease) a car, thank you.

Christina

Author: fishfinder Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 213 of 315
Subject: Re: Drive-thru cashiers: Handing back change Date: 9/7/2000 7:29 PM
oh. Sorry.

Author: lilke One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 214 of 315
Subject: Re: Drive-thru cashiers: Handing back change Date: 9/8/2000 11:34 AM

I think they should have the change ready, especially with those new (and annoying) dollar coins.
But that's another peeve.
Lil'Ke

Author: wallstar Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 215 of 315
Subject: Re: Drive-thru cashiers: Handing back change Date: 9/12/2000 11:57 AM
There is one toll that I go through fairly often. It is $3.50. They know that just about every person is going to hand them a $5 bill. But do they have the change ready? Of course not!

I once worked for Motorola, and in the cafeteria every cash register had a slotted board with a roll of four $1 bills in each slot. I have never seen another place with that much sense. I keep wondering why only Motorola allows people to demonstrate common sense?

Author: PAULTHENURSE Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 216 of 315
Subject: Re: Drive-thru cashiers: Handing back change Date: 9/19/2000 4:36 PM
There is one toll that I go through fairly often. It is $3.50.

Must be the road leading OUT of NYC! What other road would be worth a $3.50 toll? <grin>
Paul the (Red Sox Rule) Nurse

Author: wallstar Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 217 of 315
Subject: Re: Drive-thru cashiers: Handing back change Date: 9/20/2000 11:40 PM
Yes, I realize I'm scraping the bottom of the peeve barrel with this one. But I just got back from lunch and it's fresh in my mind.

Typically, when you hand the drive-thru cashier your $20 bill, they make change and hand it back to you with the change on top of the bills all at once.

Hey, lighten up. I was a maintenance dude at a drive thru, and I really appreciated finding those coins that people were too lazy to chase.

Author: AnnaSaveMe Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 303 of 315
Subject: Re: Drive-thru cashiers: Handing back change Date: 9/19/2005 5:02 PM
Yes, I realize I'm scraping the bottom of the peeve barrel with this one.

Scrape away....

But I just got back from lunch and it's fresh in my mind.

Typically, when you hand the drive-thru cashier your $20 bill, they make change and hand it back to you with the change on top of the bills all at once.

Hey, you want it to be FAST food, don't you? In partial seriousness, just be glad if you get the CORRECT change.

ASM

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement