Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 275  
Subject: Drooling Date: 8/13/2006 10:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
http://www.dressner.com/pics/Mustangs/index.htm

National Mustang club show here over the weekned. I had to escape before I spent a lot of money :)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: LuckyUte Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 258 of 275
Subject: Re: Drooling Date: 8/13/2006 7:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Nice pics, Richard.

I noticed the conspicous absence of any Fox body Mustangs.

See any decent ones?

Roger

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259 of 275
Subject: Re: Drooling Date: 8/13/2006 8:43 PM
Recommendations: 0
Drooling

Ditto Even!

Nice pics, Richard.

Ditto Agin Even!!

Especially this 'un;

www.dressner.com/pics/Mustangs/pages/HPIM1285.htm

OK, I ain't always keepin' up with Mustang Lingo like I probably should, but...Well, I really ain't gots no excuse. :-(

Anywho, after a quick Google fer "Fox body Mustangs", this wuz the first hit;

www.mustangheaven.com/Production%20Numbers/foxbody.htm

I dunno if'n the local Ford Dealer I werked fer in '82 bought onna these fer his wife or not, but I gots to drive hers and wuz "blown away" at how well that particular machine handled...errr...Owned...the road.

I attempted to drag a *FL HP* Occifer fer a beer with it once, and he wuz in his '78/'79 (...Smokey & The Bandit Special?...) sumthin'or'nuther Firebird he confiscated in a Drug Bust, and he shook his head, "No!"

When he came 'round the back, where I wuz detailin' cars (...and The Boss' Wife's Stang that day...), he came right-straight over to me after that "proposition" and I jus' knew he wuz gonna harass me fer even attemptin' to "mess with him" like that (...And I wuz happy that I sucked at assumin' how an Occifer wuz gonna act that particular day...).

Them FL HP fellas in them days didn't have much of a humor pituitary gland installed by default, so I wuz truly worried about his "attitude" as he wuz approachin' me, especially wif the look he had on his face...So Serious it were lookin'...

He came over, introduced himself, shook my hand even, and then proceeded to tell me 'bout the "tests" the FL HP wuz runnin' on them '82 'Stangs at that time and tolt me 'bout his own personal coupla rides he had in one. He said, "That Mustang would blow away his Firebird with no problem!" He also said he, "...wouldn't even attempt to chase one down 'cause they wuz too fast and agile. Ain't no way his FB would even keep up with, let alone catch, onna them Stangs."

The FL HP had a test track in Tampa, that had a portion of the track with water sprinklers on both sides that would seriously soak down the track, and as they would "drive" the Mustang as fast and as hard as they could into the watered down area, they'd then SLAMM/B> on them brakes and whip the wheel 'round as hard as they could and cause the Stang to spin, and spin, and spin, and spin, and...Doing numerous spins at extremely high-speeds and never even worry 'bout flippin' the car, losin' control, shootin' off the track, or whatever. He said he/they LOVED playin' with that Stang on that track! They'd almost hafta "pull" them outta them Stangs when they wuz dun fer the day. <g>

He said the '82 5.0 Stang literally blew him away with what it wuz capable of!!

I never had that kinda opportunity to "drive" the Boss' Wife's Stang, but I did make the mistake of drivin' her car to their house one day, right after he called and asked me to deliver it, and I arrived a bit too early fer his "likin." Obviously, DUH!, since he knew how long it took to drive frum the dealership to their house, he knew I wuz a jus' bit faster'n they "normally" took to arrive home. I couldn't do much more'n grin and say, "I couldn't help it. I just didn't "realize" how fast I wuz goin' 'cause it handled the road so well."

I didn't get fired, but I wasn't allowed to drive her Stang agin after that though. <bg>

Fox Body Stangs! Whooboy!! WhatACar, whatacar!!!!

ßillƒ

*FL HP = Florida Highway Patrol - Like Y'all Didn't Know That Already! <g>

Author: LuckyUte Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 260 of 275
Subject: Re: Drooling Date: 8/13/2006 10:50 PM
Billf

I, in particular own a fox body mustang, 1990 25th anniversary GT hatchback, similar to the one in the picture in your link but not a convertible and with skirts.

Been thinking about moving on, despite how much I love it.

Roger

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 261 of 275
Subject: Re: Drooling Date: 8/13/2006 11:38 PM
Hey Roger,

Awww, y'all make me wanna cry fer the poor old Stang! Why y'all wanna do that?

ßillƒ

Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 262 of 275
Subject: Re: Drooling Date: 8/14/2006 9:45 AM
Recommendations: 1

Roger, I didn't notice any, but I didn't crawl all the isles either. Time was short.

But I certainly did notice the Hertz Shelby GT (pictures 6 7 8). Looks like the real deal, I may have to rent one. This one came out of Cleveland.

Richard

Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 263 of 275
Subject: Re: Drooling Date: 8/14/2006 9:51 AM

You could turn it into a weekend racer and get something else for a daily driver :)

Author: LuckyUte Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 264 of 275
Subject: Re: Drooling Date: 8/14/2006 9:19 PM
At the Hertz rental counter today we got a Ford Focus hatchback. Not exactly the same thing. :)

I did see a yellow GT on the lot but didn't notice if it was a Shelby.

What's the deal with fox bodies? Are people just not doing the custom work on them?

Roger

Author: LuckyUte Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 265 of 275
Subject: Re: Drooling Date: 8/14/2006 9:23 PM
You could turn it into a weekend racer and get something else for a daily driver :)

Now, there's an idea!

Roger

Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 266 of 275
Subject: Re: Drooling Date: 8/15/2006 9:33 AM
What's the deal with fox bodies? Are people just not doing the custom work on them?

There may have been Foxes at the show in their own rows, I didn't have time to look at all of it. I was also astounded at the number of trailer queens, judging by the vast lot where the trailers were parked.

It might be just normal attrition; as the style ages, there are going to be less available to customize and restore.

Richard

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement