UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (33) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: StockNewb One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75532  
Subject: Re: Leveraged investing Date: 3/1/2011 1:22 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Dr.Tarr and guys, wow, just wow.

I will be working on picking funds over the next little while, very interesting with the leveraged funds. Using leveraged funds in a levered account could be interesting. Or hmm use the Levered funds in the non-levered portfolio (My TFSA) due to margin calls, then use the slow and steady funds/stocks in the levered account and have an ultra safe haven for my gains.

Ok I have a lot to pore over for the next couple weeks even before I pick funds. I will be using backtest.org to cheat on making those spreadsheets if I can. I am not sure how high I should shoot for, for my gains. but I will keep it conservative. low p/e valuation's makes sense to me, but I may need to look at the support behind the funds too i.e how many people are buying/selling it and any news that can show why...

ok im just rambling and thinking out loud. Trying to figure out my diversification will be hard, since I dont have any real handle on it and I have such a small portfolio. I will probably just poke around here and slowly grow into an aggressive portfolio that suits me i.e when i start margin trading around $5,000 in capital, I will only have enough capital for 4 or 5 positions and as i gain more capital ill keep diversifying. I should probably map out how I want to expand and as I get gains ill siphon them off into those classes...

ok gotta go I write these things down in a book to help me think, so i better go do that. I will try to get another handle on how to pull this and come back at you guys in a bit. maybe with some fund picks.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (33) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement