Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ANCFool One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 61  
Subject: Re: DSS "Dumpin" Date: 7/14/2000 1:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
DSS is a value stock, not a growth purchase. The current stock price is less than half of its intrinsic value. The PEG is 0.4 DSS is exceptionally strong in generating ROA and ROIC (Return on assets and return on investment capital). However, I see their debt is too high currently. This does not concern me right now (although I do keep my eye on that). It is not unusual for a young start-up to carry a bit more debt. The goal is to see that the company decreases the debt, or significantly increases its revenue (preferrably both). DSS must, in my personal opinion, concentrate on revenue generation right now. They appear to be in a product development stage. This should position them nicely (looking forward) but will do little good if they don't increase revenue/decrease debt. This is definately not a short-term holding based on current analysis (IMHO). I am far from giving up on DSS because I think their future is bright. Like all value stocks, time is the key. For those dumping the stock, revisit it periodically and catch it on an upswing after they are out of their start-up stage. You will pay a little more, but you won't need the patience to deal with stagnant periods in stock movement.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement