UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: beeleaf One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308688  
Subject: Re: my CC situation (long) Date: 9/4/2003 8:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
dt,

I should clarify my earlier statement on savings - I meant that 200 is deducted from each of my paychecks automatically, but not from my husband's. He doesn't have any savings deductions coming out. At first we were attempting to take 200-300 out of each of his paychecks too - but this just wasn't working. We wanted to focus more on getting the CCs paid off. We only have one savings account for the same goals. Any accounts that we have, I entered into Quicken over the past year so we have the "whole story." Not having the whole story is what got us into trouble in the first place! I was already using Quicken to pay some of the bills but I use it more efficiently now.

I understand what you mean about lunch out. I would have a much easier time with this is we had a nice break room or something to bring our lunches. If I eat my lunch at work now, I eat at my desk, and sometimes that's a little boring (and lonely! I'm a people lover!). My group was bought by another co. late last year and we're working in lesser conditions than we would like - they plan to move us next year - there is a teeny table in the kitchen but no one eats in the kitchen. It's so...nasty. :) And I'm basically a project manager so people interrupt me sometimes during lunch with work questions (of course never in a true emergency - annoying!) But I'm just going to have to make do most days eating at my desk. Pursuit of higher goals!

Your health expenses have been filled with more headache and heartache than mine - more expensive and, of course, more nerve-racking. I do not have children yet but imagine that this put you and your family through the ringer. I hope your health coverage has since improved and I hope your son is doing okay.

I like my living situation right now in the western burbs. My co. may be absorbed into our sister company next year, which is in Riverwoods...which is near Great America...what a drive. Then again we hope to move next fall, and I guess we could move to wherever it made sense to move. Cross your fingers for us on that one!

beeleaf :o)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

The Saddest Place on iPhone Day
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement