UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (41) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 753311  
Subject: Re: Which Pro Sport is the Best as Player Date: 11/20/2012 8:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Dude? Have you ever seen an NHL game?

Yes, I have. I used to get all these free tickets to the Dallas Stars from our firm's ticket coordinator. Often, on a day the partners don't have big wig clients to take to the game, she'll email me at 3-4 PM asking me if I wanted the pair of tickets to that night's games - remember, our firm's Dallas location had over 2000 employees (100,000 worldwide).....this includes parking and a free gourmet buffet in the "club level." It was pretty awesome. I also used to attend the IHL Houston Aeros back in the 1990's. I am often very impressed by the quickness of the game.

Hnads down, hockey players are the greatest athletes in the world, followed by baseball players.

Yeah, this may be what the sport requires, but it doesn't mean they're the "best athletes"....maybe the most "complete, well-rounded athlete"?? Possibly. It depends on what one means by "best". No NHF hockey player could take down a large NFL linebacker in a fight. Very few hockey players could probably outrun the fastest NFL wide receivers or safeties. And no NHL player can out throw the fastest MLB pitchers. But can NHL players can many things better than the other athletes....certainly. Got to define "best athletes" first.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (41) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Why Did I Buy a Bunch of PFIE Today?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement