UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 740210  
Subject: D'uh! Date: 10/9/2012 8:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 20
http://capitalismmagazine.com/2003/04/the-grand-fraud-affirm...

No issue has been more saturated with dishonesty than the issue of racial quotas and preferences, which is now being examined by the Supreme Court of the United States. Many defenders of affirmative action are not even honest enough to admit that they are talking about quotas and preferences, even though everyone knows that that is what affirmative action amounts to in practice.

Despite all the gushing about the mystical benefits of “diversity” in higher education, a recent study by respected academic scholars found that “college diversity programs fail to raise standards” and that “a majority of faculty members and administrators recognize this when speaking anonymously.”

This study by Stanley Rothman, Seymour Martin Lipset, and Neil Nevitte found that “of those who think that preferences have some impact on academic standards those believing it negative exceed those believing it positive by 15 to 1.”

Poll after poll over the years has shown that most faculty members and most students are opposed to double standards in college admissions. Yet professors who will come out publicly and say what they say privately in these polls are as rare as hen’s teeth.

Such two-faced talk is pervasive in academia and elsewhere. A few years ago, in Berkeley, there was a big fight over whether a faculty vote on affirmative action would be by secret ballot or open vote. Both sides knew that the result of a secret ballot would be the direct opposite of the result in a public vote at a faculty meeting.

When any policy can only be defended by lies and duplicity, there is something fundamentally wrong with that policy. Virtually every argument in favor of affirmative action is demonstrably false. It is the grand fraud of our time.
--------------------------------------------------------
I always thought that diversity nonsense was a load of crap, like i would get smarter if a black person sat next to me in class or something. It's stupid on it's face. They should make admissions color blind and end it already.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647954 of 740210
Subject: Re: D'uh! Date: 10/9/2012 8:23 PM
Recommendations: 1
I always thought that diversity nonsense was a load of crap, like i would get smarter if a black person sat next to me in class or something.

They were really hoping that the black person would get smarter by sitting next to you. No wonder it didn't work.<g>

--fleg

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647956 of 740210
Subject: Re: D'uh! Date: 10/9/2012 8:27 PM
Recommendations: 0
They were really hoping that the black person would get smarter by sitting next to you. No wonder it didn't work.<g>

--fleg
----------------------------------------
Man, did i set you up there. You owe!

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647957 of 740210
Subject: Re: D'uh! Date: 10/9/2012 8:36 PM
Recommendations: 1
I'm wondering how long it took you to recover from Foolman's Flying Elbow off the top turnbuckle.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647958 of 740210
Subject: Re: D'uh! Date: 10/9/2012 8:42 PM
Recommendations: 14
I'm wondering how long it took you to recover from Foolman's Flying Elbow off the top turnbuckle.
-------------------------------------------------------
AOL, i remember him, he's the guy that said Obama won the debate. He's one of only two people in the country that thought so.....the other was Obama.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/10/09/report-obama-initially...

When President Barack Obama stepped off the stage in Denver last week the 60 million Americans watching the debate against Mitt Romney already knew it had been a disaster for him.*

But what nobody knew, until now, was that Obama believed he had actually won.

*-except for AOL

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648049 of 740210
Subject: Re: D'uh! Date: 10/10/2012 11:00 AM

--fleg

There may be something to that. At least in the opposite direction. I'm fairly certain that my IQ is 5 points lower than it could be if it were not for all the dumb rednecks and illegal aliens that live in my home town. <g>

decath

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648064 of 740210
Subject: Re: D'uh! Date: 10/10/2012 11:34 AM
It's stupid on it's face.

Here's a mnemonic device to remember how contractions work.

If you take out the apostrophe and re-read the sentence, you'll recognize when an apostrophe is needed or misused.

In this case, it's is the contraction for it is. Therefore...

"It is stupid on it is face" is incorrect.

It's [it is] stupid on its face" is correct.

Carry on. ;-)

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648067 of 740210
Subject: Re: D'uh! Date: 10/10/2012 11:39 AM
It's stupid on it's face.

Here's a mnemonic device to remember how contractions work.

If you take out the apostrophe and re-read the sentence, you'll recognize when an apostrophe is needed or misused.

In this case, it's is the contraction for it is. Therefore...

"It is stupid on it is face" is incorrect.

It's [it is] stupid on its face" is correct.

Carry on. ;-)
----------------------
I'm getting KILLED over here!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement