No. of Recommendations: 0
Sell short
Short
Short sale

from the Investing Methods category
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey Paul !

Are not some of these duplicates necessary (more convenient)? Because I may look up "Outstanding shares" whereas Mrs wool might be looking up "Shares Outstanding". Dunno how it will all work.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Just some nit picking:

I think the right term is "Shares outstanding" as opposed to "Terrific shares" which would be the meaning of "Outstanding shares."

"Outstanding shares" should probably redirect to "Shares outstanding."

Denny (nit picker) Schlesinger
No. of Recommendations: 1
I would suggest putting in redirects for common reconstructions of your term, and for acronyms. Also, if you're putting up a two or more word phrase, to search on individual words to make sure a similar phrase is not already present.

Search is a fickle monster...

Har1en
"Are not some of these duplicates necessary?"

Sure, but linkage electronically is preferred. Otherwise, you start two "virtual" threads and keeping them both up to date gets to be a hassle.
Hi -- the best way to handle issues like this is to bring in any of the additional content from the bad article to the good article. If there's no good additional content in the bad article then you don't have to bring anything in.

After that, just add a redirect to the very top of the bad article. This is how:
#REDIRECT [[good article]]

This way people searching for both "bad article" and "good article" will find the same correct version.

More info here:
http://wiki.fool.com/wiki/Help:Redirect

Jeremy
Advertisement