UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 597  
Subject: Duplicates Date: 9/12/2008 6:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Sell short
Short
Short sale

from the Investing Methods category
Print the post Back To Top
Author: haywool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 362 of 597
Subject: Re: Duplicates Date: 9/12/2008 7:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hey Paul !

Are not some of these duplicates necessary (more convenient)? Because I may look up "Outstanding shares" whereas Mrs wool might be looking up "Shares Outstanding". Dunno how it will all work.

Author: captainccs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools 10+ Year Anniversary! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 363 of 597
Subject: Re: Duplicates Date: 9/12/2008 7:42 PM
Recommendations: 2
Just some nit picking:

I think the right term is "Shares outstanding" as opposed to "Terrific shares" which would be the meaning of "Outstanding shares."

"Outstanding shares" should probably redirect to "Shares outstanding."

Denny (nit picker) Schlesinger

Author: Har1en Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 364 of 597
Subject: Re: Duplicates Date: 9/12/2008 7:48 PM
Recommendations: 1
I would suggest putting in redirects for common reconstructions of your term, and for acronyms. Also, if you're putting up a two or more word phrase, to search on individual words to make sure a similar phrase is not already present.

Search is a fickle monster...

Har1en

Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 365 of 597
Subject: Re: Duplicates Date: 9/12/2008 9:35 PM
"Are not some of these duplicates necessary?"

Sure, but linkage electronically is preferred. Otherwise, you start two "virtual" threads and keeping them both up to date gets to be a hassle.

Author: TMFMoby Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 367 of 597
Subject: Re: Duplicates Date: 9/13/2008 12:29 AM
Hi -- the best way to handle issues like this is to bring in any of the additional content from the bad article to the good article. If there's no good additional content in the bad article then you don't have to bring anything in.

After that, just add a redirect to the very top of the bad article. This is how:
#REDIRECT [[good article]]

This way people searching for both "bad article" and "good article" will find the same correct version.

More info here:
http://wiki.fool.com/wiki/Help:Redirect

Jeremy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement