UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: HighReturn Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 50183  
Subject: e-Schwab, Waterhouse Date: 10/9/1997 8:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Thanks for all made postings for the valuable information.

Seems most discussion here recently are about the "Discount Brokers". I prefer to have internet access, private network to access with computer, touch tone service, a real person in a pinch and a local office.

Private network allows me to continue trade if internet connection is bad. I have not had to use touch tone, but you never know. Deposit into local office is available for trading immediately.

e-Schwab managed to get me several 1/16 improvement over my limit order. They are busy but most e-mail are answered within 24 hours, and none are left unanswered. e-Schwab is very efficient in trading and opening new account. This cannot be said about converting Schwab 1 to e-Schwab. I did just that for my last Schwab 1 account and I am in the process of closing the converted e-Schwab and move to Waterhouse. I do not stick around anything with bad start.

Waterhouse beat e-Schwab in one test of same stock, same limit price by executing 4 minutes earlier at the same execution price. I do not have many trades at Waterhouse yet, I cannot report the odds of and price improvement. They do assign a local account officer for you to call, I believe it is a better system then e-Schwab e-mail. e-Mail gets you different person all the time.

All said and done, if you are tired of pure discount brokers that cannot solve your problem, if you ever have one, there are alternatives to really low cost brokers.

By the way, I check the execution against intraday price/volume data. $8 a trade may not be $8 to the broker house. Watch out for the spread they make on your trade.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: BillStanley Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 700 of 50183
Subject: Re: e-Schwab, Waterhouse Date: 10/10/1997 12:30 AM
<<This cannot be said about converting Schwab 1 to e-Schwab. I did just that for my last Schwab 1 account and I am in the process of closing the converted e-Schwab and move to Waterhouse. I do not stick around anything with bad start.
>>
Suspect they are not prompt when cannibalizing their own accounts.

<<Waterhouse beat e-Schwab in one test of same stock, same limit price by executing 4 minutes earlier at the same execution price. I do not have many trades at Waterhouse yet, I cannot report the odds of and price improvement. They do assign a local account officer for you to call, I believe it is a better system then e-Schwab e-mail. e-Mail gets you different person all the time.
>>
I have a number of accounts with Schwab and one experimental e.Schwab account. e.Schwab is occasionally not available which leaves some discomfort. No harm done. Waterhouse is being considered for another experimental account. Would you keep us advised of your findings?

Thanks.

Bill Stanley

Author: deakon Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 705 of 50183
Subject: Re: e-Schwab, Waterhouse Date: 10/10/1997 2:15 PM
"Seems most discussion here recently are about the 'Discount Brokers'."

Duh, The board is called "Discount Brokers".

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement