Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: klong Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121144  
Subject: earned income credit Date: 2/16/2000 5:55 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Can you use a child for EIC when that child is the exemption for the other parent?
My daughter makes $20,000 and has two children but only one is her exemption.
The father of the non-exemption child only pays $2000 child support and is only allowed the exemption if he is Up To Date on support. CSEA says he is up to date this year. I can see not using her as an exemption but the child lives with her mother 12 months out of the year and child care credit is allowed for her. Help I am confused.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pmarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 28819 of 121144
Subject: Re: earned income credit Date: 2/16/2000 7:49 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This was answered in response to your previous post.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement