Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: racksonracks Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63  
Subject: Earnings Date: 4/24/2012 4:50 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Will SZYM drop in price after earnings are published?

Below $10 again..
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mcmaced One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39 of 63
Subject: Re: Earnings Date: 4/25/2012 4:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I was a former investor in SZYM until I discovered that they are being propted up by the Federal Government buying alge oil at outraguous prices to the real thing. Owners of SZYM are political contributors to Pee Wee Obama.

SZYM is the Solyndra of alge oil.

I believe the stock can only go one way..........DOWN

Author: racksonracks Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 40 of 63
Subject: Re: Earnings Date: 4/25/2012 8:27 PM
Are you saying this company is a bust and will eventually fizzle out?

I figured having the government in their pocket was an advantage, I mean who else would you rather have endorsing your product? Seriously who?

This is a multi bagger going through market correction.

It's actually a buy now if you don't already own. I'm curious as to how low I can purchase more.

With earnings around the corner things should get exciting.

Author: mcmaced One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 41 of 63
Subject: Re: Earnings Date: 4/26/2012 6:53 AM
Recommendations: 1
Have you ever heard of Solyndra? The government wasted $500 million. The role of government is NOT to be venture capitalists!!

Alge oil is outrageously expensive and won't be ecconomical until the world's oil runs out, that would be never!

Good luck however, maybe I am completely wrong!

Author: racksonracks Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42 of 63
Subject: Re: Earnings Date: 4/30/2012 11:37 AM
I have heard of Solyndra, although I feel this platform is far different than the situation your referring to.

I find this company a gem, guess well have to see where they stand come end of month.

Author: Imlikingit One star, 50 posts SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43 of 63
Subject: Re: Earnings Date: 4/30/2012 9:21 PM
don't forget the food/nutrition, cosmetic, and other segments that contribute to their business model.

Author: racksonracks Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44 of 63
Subject: Re: Earnings Date: 4/30/2012 10:16 PM
Algenist.

Although, what is your recommendation. Will this drop below $9 again?

Author: mcmaced One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 45 of 63
Subject: Re: Earnings Date: 5/1/2012 4:13 PM
Solazyme is like Solyndra in that it is a typical bad use of taxpayer money.

The Government should not be in the business of Venture Capitalism.

Author: mcmaced One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46 of 63
Subject: Re: Earnings Date: 5/1/2012 4:15 PM
I haven't forgotten about the food and cosmetics business.

I've contacted Solazyme and asked when the will become profitable. NO REPLY!!

Author: TAC888 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47 of 63
Subject: Re: Earnings Date: 5/2/2012 3:59 PM
"don't forget the food/nutrition, cosmetic, and other segments that contribute to their business model."

Exactly.

Saying that Solzyme is a dead duck because their diesel substitute is not yet economically viable is like saying Apple is dead because nobody uses the iPod shuffle any more... Comments like this are so yesterday. There are many more high value and high margin products that Solazyme produces and it's pretty myopic to dump this company in with 'expensive enviro tech' (Solyndra, Fisker, etc). Honestly I don't understand the very intentional mission a certain individual has against this company... but the banging of a single drum over and over again is getting tiresome.

To me this company is something like a penny stock copper mine that's discovered gold in their hills... the challenge is not product, or need, or value. Their challenge is execution. Can they get the funding they need to build the infrastructure? Can they manage their burn until profitable? Can they ramp up without massive dilution?

Witness today's Dow Chemical announcement, with quotes like:

"Solazyme and Dow Enter into Contingent Global Commercial Offtake Agreement"

"into a contingent offtake agreement"

"contingent upon Solazyme’s ability to supply such oils within agreed specifications and certain terms and conditions"

The appliability of this product to a use is not in question, it's more about whether or not Solazyme can deliver on time. And then:

"an exclusive, multi-year extension of the current joint-development agreement including accelerated commercialization timelines based on Solazyme’s rapid progress in the production of tailored algal oils"

What do I take from this? I take two things: 1. The agreement is being accelerated. This would only be the case if early efforts were paying off and were fruitful. 2. Dow recognizes that Solazyme is pretty fast at tailoring oils, nice endorsement.

Mikey likes it. Maybe this isn't a 2015 story after all...

Author: mcmaced One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48 of 63
Subject: Re: Earnings Date: 5/2/2012 4:12 PM
Algae oil will NEVER me more ecconomical than drilled oil. Show me where I am wrong. Personally, I do not want to wait till 2015 for something that may not happen.

Silence to telling, they did not respond to my question.

Motley Fool is a lot of story stocks. That's gambling!

Author: racksonracks Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49 of 63
Subject: Re: Earnings Date: 5/3/2012 5:42 AM
http://seekingalpha.com/article/550111-biofuels-no-solazyme-...

Do yourself a favor a read this article, it should help you understand the platform and direction of this company. After doing so I'd like to think you take a different position - a long term position at that.

Best of luck to you.

Watch me.
SZYM long

Author: mcmaced One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 50 of 63
Subject: Re: Earnings Date: 5/4/2012 8:30 AM
I read the article, which is all opinion!

The writer's key words are paraphrashed here: the company does not want to out innovate big oil, just make their oil less expensive by scaling up production.

Bottom line, who will pay for expensive oil (just the Federal Goverment} when you can get it cheaper from big oil!!!!!

SZYM has broken to the down side. It will probably hit new lows soon.

Please don't take opinion for fact! Solazyme remains the Solyndra of Algae oil That's a fact. Their CEO is a big Obama contributor, that should explain everything.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement