Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: susangmyers One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1220  
Subject: Earnings Conf Call Date: 7/23/2007 9:58 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Listen to the Hasbro, Inc. Earnings Conference Call (Q2 2007
http://biz.yahoo.com/cc/0/82130.html
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mktpap Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1171 of 1220
Subject: Re: Earnings Conf Call Date: 7/23/2007 10:50 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Not very good info for HAS

Author: susangmyers One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1172 of 1220
Subject: Re: Earnings Conf Call Date: 7/23/2007 10:55 AM
Did you listen to the conference call?

Author: onparole Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Coverage Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1173 of 1220
Subject: Re: Earnings Conf Call Date: 7/23/2007 4:57 PM
Recommendations: 1
I listened to the conference call...I didn't hear any thing that would (in my opinion) trigger a 5% decline...the only thing that I heard that was disappointing was how HAS does not get any "substantial" revenue from the Transformers box office receipts compared to the toys...

I am not certain how to interpret this...Transformer toys could do something like $400 - 500M dollars (similar to Star Wars numbers)...let's say that HAS gets something like 3% of the $600M box office...this amounts to $20M...the difference would be one of margins (toys being at 60% gross margin and box office receipts being at 100% gross margin)...

given the above I don't think that it would be unreasonable for the box office receipts (assuming what I said above is anywhere near accurate) to be as much as a 5 to 10% boost to net income...

I still believe that this company has a ton of room to run going forward...

Royce

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement