Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PushShanmugam One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 23033  
Subject: Earnings Estimates Date: 5/25/2001 2:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I have been watching IRF as a potential CANSLIM buy.
Here is a checklist:

C - Current Quarter Earnings:
Most recent quarter earnings $0.73 compared to previous years same quarter earnings of 0.38 is more than 25%.
So, Pass.

A - Annual Earnings:
I could not get the earnings growth for the past 5 years. However, annual earnings for the past year (06/2000) is $1.27 compared to current year (till last quarter) is 2.07 which is good.
So, Pass.

N - New Products/New services and New high:
Recently IRF introduced new products. Pass.
Is this stock making new high? Yes, but pulled back. Pass.
Management owns about 17% which is also good sign.

S - Supply and Demand:
Shares outstanding: 62.3 Million
Float:52.0 Million.
This is not low float stock. So grade is Neutral.

L - Leader or Laggard
Definitely leader. Relative Strength is 90. Pass.
Group strength is weak, IBD ratings is E, but group rank is improving. Not a very good sign because the stock is not from leading group.

I - Institutional Support. Institituinal ownership is about 70%. A+ rated funds are holding this stock.

M - Market direction. General market direction is healthy. Pass.

Chart Pattern:
The stock formed a cup base started mid Nov 2000 and tried to break without handle on 05/21/2001 and also volume on the break out day is not very high. Then it corrected about 10% on low volume.

Current cosensus estimates for that next quarter earnings is just 5% higher than the previous year same quarter. So, this will fail in the 'Current quarter earnings' check. Can I still consider this as a potential CANSLIM stock.

Pushparaj
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: outdoorsr One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15403 of 23033
Subject: Re: Earnings Estimates Date: 5/25/2001 3:52 PM
Recommendations: 0
Where do you find what funds own a stock and their ratings?

Also, I looked at DailyGraphs and it says:

Funds own 25%
Management owns 9%

Where did you get your info. I just want to make sure that what DailyGraphs is saying is accurate. Thanks.

Author: PushShanmugam One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15404 of 23033
Subject: Re: Earnings Estimates Date: 5/25/2001 4:06 PM
I checked the Fund information from moneycentral.msn.com and yahoo.com (both are saying approximately 75%). Insider ownership is from yahoo.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/research/profile.asp?Symbol=IRF
http://biz.yahoo.com/p/i/irf.html

Pushparaj

Author: ajaskey Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15405 of 23033
Subject: Re: Earnings Estimates Date: 5/25/2001 5:36 PM
Where do you find what funds own a stock and their ratings?

Try www.nasdaq.com - use "InfoQuotes" on your ticker symbol(s) - select Holdings/Insiders - select Institutional Holdings.

This site allows you to sort on a number of different fields such as Name, date, size, etc.

Andy

Author: sbreen One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15420 of 23033
Subject: Re: Earnings Estimates Date: 5/28/2001 12:08 PM
<<Chart Pattern:
The stock formed a cup base started mid Nov 2000 and tried to break without handle on 05/21/2001 and
also volume on the break out day is not very high. Then it corrected about 10% on low volume. >>

I wouldn't call this a cup base. If it is a cup, it has a huge pile of something right in the middle of it.... I'd call this a double bottom or W, starting in early September. Notice the handle that formed from 4/30 to 5/16, right at resistance formed by the mid point of the W. The breakout occurred 5/16. Not much volume was there, but it was distinctly more than the previous two weeks' volume. The past four days reflect exactly what one would expect after a breakout--i.e., a pullback toward the breakout point. If the LRL at 60.75 holds (from 5/24), I could place a stop just below it. Otherwise, the next support for a stop is just below 57.25 (previous resistance) or below 54.1 (the low of 5/16). Either one of the last two dates is more that 8% away.

Steve

Author: fitron Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15523 of 23033
Subject: Re: Earnings Estimates Date: 6/9/2001 10:01 AM
Thank You Steve,

You told me something I didn't know.

Tom fitron

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement