Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: SeMaFool One star, 50 posts Mission Olympia 2 SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 256  
Subject: Earnings FY2011 Date: 3/15/2012 12:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Yong continues to grow revenue and earnings.

Full Year 2011 Financial Highlights

Revenue increased 82.3% to $390.4 million in 2011 from $214.1 million in 2010

Gross profit increased 91.4% year-over-year to $228.3 million

Income from operations increased 76.6% to $105.6 million from $59.8 million in 2010

Net income attributable to Yongye increased 75.2% to $84.9 million, or $1.55 per diluted share, compared to $48.4 million, or $1.05 per diluted share, in the same period of 2010

Adjusted net income attributable to Yongye, which excludes non-cash expenses related to share-based compensation for management and independent directors, the amortization of the acquired Hebei customer list, and a change in the fair value of derivative liabilities, was $93.0 million, or $1.71 per diluted share, compared to $54.1 million, or $1.17 per diluted share, in the same period of 2010*

Earnings report and outlook here:
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/yongye-international-announ...

Here's a short blog entry about the conference call.

http://caps.fool.com/Blogs/yongye-conference-call/719336

The market is not impressed though. Yong is down 8%. I wonder if it is the incredible increase in expenses. One thing I'm worried about though is their cost increase in the area of General and administrative expenses. I don't quite understand where this huge increase is coming from. If you look at it, the last quarterly expenses in this line where 50% larger than for the entire FY2010. That's a bit worrysome. I wonder if it is the stock compensation for directorrs/executives.

Q4 11 Q4 10 FY 11 FY10

General and administrative expenses 17,975,496 6,998,352 35,694,045 13,994,936

Any thoughts?

-SeMaFool
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement