Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cautiousone100 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 28  
Subject: Earnings Report Date: 2/3/2006 12:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Rack posts first profitable quarter. Prior close was $31.50ish. Purchased additional shares today at $36.01.

Anyone else following this stock?

cautiousone
Print the post Back To Top
Author: redsox2005 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9 of 28
Subject: Re: Earnings Report Date: 2/7/2006 9:52 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hey cautious - yes - have been following it for about 30 days now, albeit just on the surface and not in any granularity.

Getting more interested since the pull back from earnings announcement.

Author: cautiousone100 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10 of 28
Subject: Re: Earnings Report Date: 2/7/2006 10:36 AM
I think the pull-back is connected to the market in general. IMO, you'll move forward from here if they can continue to ring in the sales. I would think that their price would move up with each sales announcement. Plus, with having their first profitable quarter, they'll now be attracting more attention. I do think their window of opportunity is shortened by the fact that competitors will be entering their space soon. I'll be watching my shares closely.

cautiousone

Author: matthiasxc Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11 of 28
Subject: Re: Earnings Report Date: 4/3/2006 1:57 PM
I know this is two months later that that initial reply, but I purchased this stock at $31ish on reccomendation from my father, who has worked in data storage for 10-odd years. It is currently at $53.33. I don't pretend to have the level of financial expertise that so many on this site seem to have, but I do know that this is a solid company with an excellent product. Even if they seem to be under the radar, I've been impressed with the company and very happy with the stock performance, which has off-set my losses from Quality Systems quite nicely.

Author: cautiousone100 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12 of 28
Subject: Re: Earnings Report Date: 4/3/2006 2:06 PM
matthiasxc,
I have already sold out of my full position as I felt the stock was really getting ahead of itself. I do agree that they have a product niche, but the real question is "how long it that last?". As it's a recent IPO I felt that it's run-up after their last earnings was "too much too soon". This left me thinking that the stock will fall hard at some point. You don't say how much of a position you have, but if it's large and you may want to take some or all of your profits - especially if your QSII losses are recognized (sold) already.

cautiousone

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement