Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFSpirit Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 483  
Subject: Earnings warning Date: 10/21/1998 10:58 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
After the bell last night, Barringer Technologies (BARR) warned that Q3 results will fall short of analysts' concensus and puts earnings between $0.04 and $0.06 a share (vs the First Call mean of $0.13), on revenues of $3-$3.5 mln. BARR blames shortfall on delay in the Federal Aviation Administration's procurement of additional trace detectors. Click on the blue news link above to read press release.

TMF Spirit
Print the post Back To Top
Author: RobDeFool Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 465 of 483
Subject: Re: Earnings warning Date: 10/21/1998 10:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Earnings warning, anticipating the worst quarterly EPS since the March 1996 quarter, and the stock rises 11% on the day. Go figure . . .

I sold a little over a month ago at $6 1/8 because Sparky's warnings convinced me that management was most likely not being completely genuine. They disappointed last quarter and claimed they would make it up this half. Well, they will have a lot of work to do to come through on that. I await the good news to start buying again.

RobDeFool

Author: WBuffet One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 466 of 483
Subject: Re: Earnings warning Date: 10/22/1998 11:35 PM
Hey! I'm alive! On the bright side, all of my stocks are soundly positioned to be used as a tax loss. Funny enough, the cynic of the group still holds BARR.

WBuffet

Author: RobDeFool Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 467 of 483
Subject: Re: Earnings warning Date: 10/24/1998 12:01 AM
Hi WBuffet,

On the bright side, all of my stocks are soundly positioned to be used as a tax loss.

You too must like small cap growth stocks which were selling at "value" prices a year ago, and are even more of a value today! The best example of this for me is DSWLF, still my favorite stock for a sound investment based on fundamentals, and still my largest loss on paper to date.

RobDeFool

Author: WBuffet One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 468 of 483
Subject: Re: Earnings warning Date: 10/28/1998 12:21 AM
RobDeFool,

The golden days of the BARR board are gone. I got to the point that after seeing no post for 2 straight weeks I stopped looking. I've got one aspect of the Warren Buffet personna correct, buy and hold. Despite my misgivings, I still own the same stocks I did 9 months ago. I think I'll drop BARR for the reasons I discussed a long time ago, they're basically a one product company. I still own DSWLF for a sizeable loss also.
Off topic: What level of vacuum do you guys maintain on the ring at Fermi Lab?

WBuffet

Author: RobDeFool Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 469 of 483
Subject: Re: Earnings warning Date: 10/28/1998 10:11 PM
Off topic: What level of vacuum do you guys maintain on the ring at Fermi Lab?

I don't know that number off hand. I'll ask a friend who works in the beams division.

RobDeFool

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement