Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: zoningfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 55932  
Subject: Easy Macaroons Date: 12/26/2012 4:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I posted this recipe originally on the foodies with allergies board (since it's gluten free). I thought I posted it here, but can't find it. So here it is along with my white chocolate version beneath it:

Quick Chocolate Macaroons

makes approximately 2 dozen

1 square unsweetened chocolate

1 1/3 c. coconut
1/3 c. sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

Melt chocolate in large bowl in microwave on high 1-2 minutes, stirring after each minute.

Stir until chocolate is completely melted.

Stir remaining ingredients into melted chocolate.

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto sprayed cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until set.

Remove immediately from sheet and let cool on wire rack.

Personal observations: I found the unsweetened chocolate a bit bitter. I redid the recipe with milk chocolate, but it was on the weak side chocolate-wise. So next time I'd use semi-sweet. But I had the ultimate success with a white chocolate version which was so incredibly good I could barely stop myself from eating all the ones ear-marked to give away. So I'm posting it here:

White Chocolate Macaroons

makes approximately 2 dozen

1/3 c. white chocolate chips

1 1/3 c coconut
1/3 c. sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

Melt white chocolate in large bowl in microwave on high in 15-20 second intervals, stirring after each interval.

Stir remaining ingredients into melted chocolate.

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto sprayed cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until set.

Remove immediately from sheet and let cool on wire rack.

For Christmas, I placed half a maraschino cherry in the center before baking. I plan to make these again for Easter--might still use the cherry or maybe cut a purple or yellow jelly bean in half.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

IBM: Is Buffett Wrong, or Brilliant?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement