UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: workwayless Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1488  
Subject: Eating Healthy and Organic - $7 a Day Date: 2/24/2007 3:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://health.msn.com/dietfitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100153740

snip

We've all heard the joke: Whole Foods, whole paycheck. The humor seems exaggerated, until you shop there or at some other natural foods market. Before you know it you've spent $70 or more when all you were after was Fair Trade coffee, a fresh baguette and a few excellent cheeses.

Hey I resemble that remark--especially when it comes to coffee <grin>

I think this was a real written article on buying healthy foods for less money. There is even a comparision between Safeway and Whole Foods. Personally, I don't feel the need to buy everything organic. Dr. Andrew Weil published a list (dont' have a link) showing which foods are better organic and I pretty much stick with that. Also I understand that Walmart is selling some organic fruit and vegetables. That will really drive down the prices!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: grasshack Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1044 of 1488
Subject: Re: Eating Healthy and Organic - $7 a Day Date: 2/24/2007 10:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Trader Joe's sells healthy stuff - some organic, too. I think they are ok, price-wise.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement