Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Documama Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58722  
Subject: Eating Out Date: 1/2/2003 9:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
One of my biggest challenges is eating out. My work schedule (I'm a massage therapist) has me on the road 2 or 3 days a week. When possible, I pack a lunch but it's not always possible to eat a packed lunch. So, it's off to restaurants (I'm getting better at avoiding McD's).

Today I stopped at a TGI Fridays that was between clients. I ordered a grilled pesto chicken sandwich. It came with fries. I immediately put half the fries on a small plate and moved them away from me. I only ate half the sandwich. I was still full.

And that was 15 points! For those of you not familiar with Weight Watchers, that's half my points for the day! Since I'd had oatmeal for breakfast (6 points with the milk and blueberries), that left me with a whopping ... 8 points for dinner.

Now, I'm usually more than 8-points-hungry at dinner.

I just can't get over how difficult it is to eat at a restaurant for 10 points or so. I don't always want to order salads (not like they're much safer in these restaurants). Often I want something warm and soft/chewey (since I spend so much time giving to other people through massage, I often find myself using my meals as little times to nurture myself).

Has anyone had any sustained success with eating at restaurants?

Kelly
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Story Behind the Story
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement