UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFLomax Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 597  
Subject: Editing Pages Date: 7/3/2008 1:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I've probably missed something incredibly obvious somewhere, but how do you edit the pages that have no edit tabs?

On a related note, is it helpful to go ahead and use the entire Article Template whenever you create a new page, even if you're only going to fill in one section. That's what I did with the one page I created -- just assumed somebody would come in and fill in other sections later.

I'm a wiki newbie and still trying to figure it all out, so please enlighten!

Alyce
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFGebinr Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 55 of 597
Subject: Re: Editing Pages Date: 7/3/2008 1:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
how do you edit the pages that have no edit tabs?

On the left in the box, there's an Edit link. That allows you to edit the whole page, even the parts without an edit box on the right.

Cheers,
Jim

Author: TMFLomax Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56 of 597
Subject: Re: Editing Pages Date: 7/3/2008 1:57 PM
Recommendations: 0
On the left in the box, there's an Edit link. That allows you to edit the whole page, even the parts without an edit box on the right.

Ah-ha! It was obvious! LOL, thank you!

Alyce

Author: TMFMoby Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58 of 597
Subject: Re: Editing Pages Date: 7/3/2008 5:44 PM
Recommendations: 1
On a related note, is it helpful to go ahead and use the entire Article Template whenever you create a new page, even if you're only going to fill in one section.

I think so. It can make the page look a bit hollow in the short-term but it'll help others know what to do if they want to contribute.

What does everyone else think?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement