No. of Recommendations: 0
I want to set up Education IRA's for my kids but I'm not sure of the correct path. Is this similar to a regular/Roth IRA, where I could do a self-directed type thing at a discount broker? If so, I assume I would just contact them, tell them I want to establish an Education IRA account, shuffle the appropriate paperwork, then pick the stocks?

Any info would be appreciated.



Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.