Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
Education IRAs are now called Coverdell education savings accounts. The maximum annual contribution is $2,000 per student.

Can we indeed have two Ed IRA accounts for her as long as we don't over-contribute between the both of them?

That's my understanding.

Check out the description of them in the Fool's College Savings section:

- Megan

Print the post  


Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.