Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have never posted here so I apologize if this is a dumb post.

I would like to establish and contribute to a saving account for higher education and hopefully reduce my tax liability and/or grow my investment tax deferred. Here are my questions:

1. Can I establish this for myself or soon to be spouse, should we desire to go back to school?

2. If this can only be for a child, does the child need to be born already (we have no children - not married yet)?

3. What are the options for "this" type of account, given my current income status of around 50k (minus my trad. IRA contribution) in my current position (single), and 175+k in my future postion (married).

4. I hope to have significant income from my business (self-employed). Can this income be used more advantageously for this?

Thanks so much!

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.