Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: warbac Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 106  
Subject: Efficient Transmission of H5N1 to Humans in Tu Date: 1/16/2006 8:42 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
http://www.recombinomics.com/News/01150601/H5N1_Turkey_Efficient.html
Print the post Back To Top
Author: abFatPitch Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9 of 106
Subject: Re: Efficient Transmission of H5N1 to Humans i Date: 1/16/2006 9:36 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Well that's interesting. If we are to believe recombinomics, either the WHO has fallen down on the job or are suppressing the information. Nevertheless, if H5N1 is making a stand in Turkey we might expect to see it pop up in Europe in humans with Germany being a real possibility. If the Asian countries where H5N1 was initially seen primarily only in fowl were able to stem the disease by eradicating the infected fowl, they may not suffer human contagion as much as Turkey and later Europe and North America.

The poultry industry faces a potential nightmare situation. I still think we won't see a human pandemic though. Hope I'm right.

ab

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement