UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: WendyBG Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 885504  
Subject: Eggs for economical high quality food Date: 1/29/2013 2:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/28/eggs-regain-reputat...

New York Times, January 28, 2013, 2:08 pm116 Comments
Eggs Regain Reputation
By NICHOLAS BAKALAR

Egg yolks are high in cholesterol, but a new analysis adds to the evidence that they are not the dietary sin we once thought they were. The review suggests that for most people, eating one egg a day is not bad for the heart.

Researchers reviewed eight prospective studies including 263,938 subjects and pooled the data for analysis. They found no evidence that eating up to an egg a day increased the risk of heart disease or stroke. The results were the same for men and women and in all age ranges.

Diabetic patients were the only exception. ...
[end quote]

The humble egg is a great LBYM food. One extra-large egg costs about 10 cents and provides 7 g. of protein.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/dairy-and-egg-products/1...

I use eggs instead of starch to give body to all kinds of baked goods (which appear to be cakes but are actually flavored omelets).

Wendy
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 871075 of 885504
Subject: Re: Eggs for economical high quality food Date: 1/30/2013 4:53 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
One extra-large egg costs about 10 cents and provides 7 g. of protein.

i pay $5/dozen or eggs from my local farm
(after a few years of getting them for free, sob) - and i am happy to do so.

peace & local business
t

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 871094 of 885504
Subject: Re: Eggs for economical high quality food Date: 1/30/2013 11:30 AM
Recommendations: 1
I use eggs instead of starch to give body to all kinds of baked goods (which appear to be cakes but are actually flavored omelets).
Wendy

links/recipes, pls!

Author: hunnypot1 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 871105 of 885504
Subject: Re: Eggs for economical high quality food Date: 1/30/2013 2:34 PM
Recommendations: 1
I recently posted this meringue based roulade recipe on the low carb board. It should be easy enough to substitute a low carb sweetener and flour (coconut or almond flour).

http://boards.fool.com/roulade-low-carb-dessert-30499141.asp...

Author: hunnypot1 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 871106 of 885504
Subject: Re: Eggs for economical high quality food Date: 1/30/2013 2:37 PM
Recommendations: 0
I just took a second look at te roulade recipe...no flour in it. The coconut was being added for flavor.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement